Jamis Komodo x.0 XC Hardtail

The Komodo’s triple-gauge, double gusseted aluminum chassis and Manitou Stance Flow fork with Hex-Lock thru-axle say it all—this is a big-hit hardtail that, in the right hands, can match a long-travel dual-suspender blow for blow. This is super-duty stuff, from the 120-150mm adjustable-travel fork to the 8” rotors and Hayes HFX-9 hydraulic calipers. TruVativ’s bomber Hussefelt bar, crank and Howitzer ISIS bottom bracket will hold up under hard landings, backed by the anti-taco protection of WTB’s Dual Duty FreeRide disc rims and the added cushion of 2.35” Maxxis HansVenture tires. This is all about sticking the big landing and coming back for more.

taylor sanderson   Weekend Warrior [May 04, 2011]
Strength:

nice solid frame, very strong build. the manitou stances are a good fork but i need to get them serviced soon. excellent brakes aswell.

derailleur- got a bit slack after a while

excellent bike to ride, highly recommended. would buy it again if i had the chance. get one, you won't be dissapointed!

matjaks   Weekend Warrior [May 04, 2009]
Strength:

burley frame it's bombproof, good geometry, wheels have held there own.

components, stock truvativ cranks is junk, keeps coming loose. brakes are a pain, front derailer broke in the first few months.

It's a great bike for the money as long as your willing to replace the components just like any stock bike for the same price. anybody like me thats going from bmx to mountain I would recommend this bike you. it's a 26" bmx bike it's great other than replacing parts

Similar Products Used: kona scrap
ryan   Downhiller [Jul 17, 2008]
Strength:

the bset it has no flaws i love it

the best bike i have evr seen

Josh   Weekend Warrior [Aug 18, 2007]
Strength:

kenda tires

weak welds, derailer, seat, tektro disc brakes, pedals, cranks, and rst lauch t7, yeah basically everthing...

took it off a pretty small jump and the derailer hanger snapped just from impact of the landing (didnt hit anything), brakes constantly rub cause there impossible to adjust (and i know bikes quite well), the seat snapped 3 times cause its made of plastic (and im only 150 lbs) and the fork has no spring or adjustablity (plus it leaks fluid and turned my stanchions black!) if your looking for a starting dirtjump bike, look elsewere its worth the extra couple o bucks for a kona or specialized...seriously!

Similar Products Used: 07 Kona Scrap/Shred
PT   Cross Country Rider [Sep 22, 2005]
Strength:

Exellent geometry. Great strength / weight ratio. Funr to ride!

Much better for our area than the $1200 Stumpjumper!

Super sweet hardtail! I built this for my wife - her first REAL bike. Amazing it's held up to the punishment of following me around on a 6x6 full susp! At Brian Head last summer, everyone we saw was AMAZED to see a hardtail on the 5 to 15 mile downhills!

Bottom line - I'm building one for myself right now!

Similar Products Used: several
Rossi   Weekend Warrior [Mar 06, 2006]
Strength:

great color, great geometry, great welds, very stiff

crooked label

This bike is awesome my favorite build so far. I ride down hill every weekend and blow past guys on their full sussers. I use mine for everything freeride, downhill, dirt jump and street. if you're looking for a great platform to build on this is the frame. At 5'9" 160 the 14in frame is perfect.

Similar Products Used: rock hopper
Ian   Cross Country Rider [Apr 05, 2004]
Strength:

Brakes, Fork, Frame, Tires and Rims

None so far

A great bike for the cost. I am a beginner to cross country riding and this bike has given me the tools to improve my riding and help me see the difference between a good bike and a really good bike. The frame is tuff and rugged....more than willing to take the beating. All in all, a fun bike with lots of cool stuff and a pleasure to ride.

Similar Products Used: KHS Alite 300, KHS Alite 500
Mark Charlton   [Nov 28, 2006]
Strength:

the komodo is a good bike to ride. I love the nices frame

The crank is grager i have to bye a new bottom brake because my broke

this bike is grabge i will never by this bike again !!!!!

Monsoon   Weekend Warrior [Oct 13, 2006]
Strength:

Looks great, very predictable, can handle anything from 6ft drops, 10 stairs, DHing, XCing anything

components! In less than a year i've has 2 seatposts, 2 seats, cranks, BB, pedals, many tires but whatever i dont expect anything less.

Excellent bike despite the components. If you want to build up a HT frame, go with the Komodo! Great bike for anyone who doesn't have much $$$

Similar Products Used: GT Backwoods, Kona Blast, Giant Iguana, Trek, Specialized...
Sean   Cross Country Rider [Jul 01, 2005]
Strength:

Review is just for the frame. Strong welds, I like the matte black finish (just like my old GT aggressor). Stands up to 2' drops under a heavy rider (6'2", 225#)

Figured out why the frame was so inexpensive; the decals on the frame were a little off, not enough for the casual onlooker to notice as you blow past them, but if you're looking for it, you'll find it. Matte finish shows fingerprints and grease marks easily if you care about that crap-I don't.

This is a great frame for the price. On my first ride with it I placed 4th on a local race (up a few spots from last time). It's rigid and has great all-around geometry. Cable routings along the top tube (as opposed to running along the downtube) keeps mud and trail grime out of the cable housings. I believe that this frame will last me for many years and many miles. If you're looking for a new frame for little $$$, but don't want to sacrifice weight and quality, then look no further.