Jamis Dakota AL XC Hardtail

Jamis Dakota AL XC Hardtail

[Sep 20, 2006]
Archibald Theodore

Strength:

Able to withstand nearly any punishment I've handed it.

The bottom bracket packed it in recently but that was more due to my poor maintenance and the "toxic waste" mud where I race it week in week out.
Other than that, none really other than the forks originally seemed soft, but a harder spring has fixed that.

The bike has handled nearly everything I've thrown at it. Had plenty of stacks on it, yet it's not had any issues.
From competative dirt crits, 6 or 12hr enduros, adventurous trails with mates to commuting and touring around bikepaths.
Have been in all weather conditions too, rain, mud & slush to dry dusty blown courses and everything in between.
Also been off some nasty drops, jumps and obstacles that I probably shouldn't have.

I originally said that I was looking for something that could take some off-road punishment, and the guys at Spoke(n) couldn't have been more right when this one popped up as an option.

It has been an excellent bike for me to learn to ride off road with as it's survived the learning experience better than I have!!
As something that is "a little above entry level" it's been well worth the extra dosh - especially as I have watched mates have problems with other brands and bikes while the Dakota AL has just kept going.

none really. I own a hybrid and a roadie. this was for 'off road' use.

OVERALL
[May 24, 2005]

Strength:

Super strong frame, fairly good spec for the money, ace paint job.
Agile and quick through the traffic. Buy it if you are a casual rider who wants something different or if you ride the odd XC trail

A little creaky at times but can't blame that on Jamis. Don't really like the skareb forks, too soft even for a skinny guy like me.

I have really enjoyed this Pushie. Its a really impressive looking bike and handles really well through the streets. Seems to corner really well at speeds and craves being pushed. I had a huge stack, smashed out a tooth and all the bike has on it is one scratch, No cracks, nothing - excellent build quality and heaps of strength in the bike
The shop downspeced the bike (Melbourne bicycle centres - shame on you) but had great advice from Adventure Brands who import the bikes.
Am well happy having this bike - something a little different and great fun to ride.

2003 Norko Kokanee