Iron Horse Warrior Comp XC Hardtail

Nor-calnwb   Cross Country Rider [Jul 07, 2011]
Strength:

Light, strong, climbs like a goat (provided your in good shape), brakes

fork, brakes (no feedback on modulation)

good value for money, fork crapped out on me after the first month of using them, upgraded front rotors as well. Responsive, and a great xc rig! Did i mention climbs like crazy?

Similar Products Used: giant warp, specialized enduro

10raynbe   Downhiller [Feb 06, 2009]
Strength:

very good bike to start off with!

people have told me that the forks are bad, but i havent found any thing wrong with them even though i have only been on one ride

this bike is greak for some pone starting down hill i am planing on slowly building it up as i need to!

Similar Products Used: mongoode thunderball
Matt Montgomery   Weekend Warrior [Oct 01, 2008]
Strength:

Very strong and very light. I spent years on Raliegh Police bikes that were 45 pounds and not near as stromg

None yet.

Very good value. Yes, I did say $300.00 at Scheels. They jusr opened in Reno and have killer sales. So get yer padded behind down there and pick one up. I raced road bikes for years and had to have stiff frames. I love how stiff this frame is for a cheap bike. I look forward to tearing up the local parks and trails.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Hard Rock
Nick Lawrence   Cross Country Rider [Jul 14, 2007]
Strength:

Amazing frame, fork, headset, rims, Hayes MX-2 brakes, the bike is extremely light

WTB Motorapter 2.14's dont grip in trails with many roots, or gravel like other tires. Levers are a little flimsy, already had to replace crankset

This bike is the best bang for the buck guarenteed, and won't break the bank. The hayes brakes will stop you no matter what, and it is the lightest bike i've ever ridden in the XC cattegory. I'm a proud owner of my 2006 Ironhorse Warrior team. You really cannot go wrong with this bike.

Similar Products Used: Giant Iguana 2007, Norco Wolverine
chris desrochers   Weekend Warrior [Mar 24, 2006]
Strength:

the best bike i've ridden for only 400 dollars. It's an 05 and i love the handle bars. makes wheelies fun and effoertless

stock fork. bottoms off a 3 foot drop

the bike is awesome other than the stock fork. I had a manitou axel 100mm and it bottomed easily and there was hardly any adjustment. But for the money you spend you can't go wrong. If you have $400 go and buy one. Smooth rider and rims take a beating with no needing to true them.

Similar Products Used: iron horse sinister
Jason   Downhiller [Jun 18, 2007]
Strength:

Good strong frame, ok forks, pretty good bike in genral

rims, forks

great bike for shore/freeriding.. Stock, I'm a downhiller but i like my hardtail bikes, once you put some money and love in to it you shouldn't have any problems.

Similar Products Used: Norco Manik
Tyler   Weekend Warrior [Feb 28, 2006]
Strength:

Price, Quality, Components, durbility, manufacturer

Forks (see bottom line)

Great bike for the money, quality, performance, and versatility for such a small investment.

The forks though, were horrible. I had manitou six sports stock on mine. The travel was *decent* but the adjustability and stiffness lacked quality. Although these forks are not an IHBC product, they should have been smart enough to put a little better fork, even if it raised the overall price slightly. My six bottomed out a few times on my first trail ride with them, so I immediately bought MX pro's and it solved the problem.

Also, dont leave your warrior outside for too long, the hardware rusts very easily, even though it is an easy replacement.

I was also slightly disappointed with the tire width on my comp, it is not 2.1" like the description says. My width well under 2" and it makes the front end seem a little less "beefy". This isnt a problem, although it is hard to find a beefy tire that is versatile with the rims.

Overall great bike for the price, -1 on the score for the forks.

Similar Products Used: Marin B-17
matt roane   Weekend Warrior [Jun 16, 2007]
Strength:

Good value, strong bike

fork, grips, tires(if I have to nit pick)

This is an update of my 3 mo. post. I had the LBS rebuild the shock w/a heavier spring, and that made a huge improvement. I had to change the grips, they never would stay in place, and I didn't find them that comfortable in the first place. I changed the tires, but the stocks lasted ok, and I never disliked them enough to change until they wore out. All in all, I don't have any regrets about this bike, it has done every thing I asked it to do. Great bike for its class. I would recommend it to anyone, as a matter of fact, I am looking at IH(K2) for my new road bike.

Similar Products Used: Trek, Specialized
David Slepicka   Cross Country Rider [Apr 26, 2007]
Strength:

Hayes Disc Brakes, Deore Shifters, Decent Manitue 100mm Axel Shock, solid frame..

Not Many. A little on the heavy side. The Manitue Shock is somewhat weak and can bottom out easily pushed hard. The MTB Motorapator tires are sub-par and I would replace them as soon as possible.

This product review is for and 04 model. I have used this bike for three years now and I must say that the bike has held up well over that time. It is on the heavy side (not due to the frame which is rock solid), however for the price you can't beat the quality of components found. I shopped around and similar component bikes were $200~$300 more. I ride appox 2 times a week (8~10 miles) on mostly hardpack terrain.

Similar Products Used: Canondale F400, Trek 6700.
John   Weekend Warrior [Jan 22, 2006]
Strength:

I bought the Warrior Comp. It has the best components for the cost. Great bang for the buck all the way round. Nice strong frame. Color was great too I got orange.

Haven't found any.

I'm in my 40s so got back into biking with my kid’s insistence a few years back. At that time I got a single speed PT Cruiser bike from IronHorse. Liked it so much I decided to dedicate more time on the weekends to ride and to upgrade my bike. After looking all over for a bike I came home to IronHorse and bought the Warrior Comp. It's a great value for the buck. It's also upgradeable should you want to, but I haven't found a reason to yet. If you're new to biking or on an intermediate level, this bike is perfect for you.