Iron Horse Warrior 3 XC Hardtail

• BB: FSA Power Drive, 73MM
  • Pedals: Alloy Platform
  • Seatpost: Alloy Micro Adjust

cutubh   Cross Country Rider [Mar 04, 2009]
Strength:

Frame build and geometry, cheap price for a very good(non profit)bicycle.

Weight - it's a little heavy Iron Horse frame.

If you are looking for very strengths with a very good geometry mountain bike, here you go. If you don't intend to have a ultimate professional mtb, this one is right for you. And don't forget...this bike is the cheapest with those components.

Similar Products Used: KHS and GT
weazeypeazey27   Cross Country Rider [Jan 05, 2009]
Strength:

price, components, fork

some aspects of the components, shifters, pedals and spindles.

This bike was ok but i only had it for two days before i got so fed up i took it back, the derailuer(sp) was giving me problems and the, the store installed some new pedals before i left (forte) and as soom as i hit the trail when i got home, the right pedal blew up and i had to ride home on the spindle, BOOOO. and the the crank was acting funny, just save your money and either custom build a bike or get a better bike

Similar Products Used: K2 3.0 ZED
Surfmus   Cross Country Rider [Dec 18, 2008]
Strength:

The Frame is strong, the Dart 1 is ok, and it handles well on fast speed.

The saddle, the rear derailleur, it does not hold torque and the tires are cheap made rubber material. I got a flat tire on my second day of use. TODAY!!!

This is great bike for the price. For entry level is perfect. I recommend to upgrade as you use it.

Similar Products Used: I've had several bikes, and they all are unique but It this one can be similar to DB responce, and any other bike with the IH same components.
nepernesu   Cross Country Rider [Nov 16, 2008]
Strength:

good frame, decent components

a bit heavy,came with rs dart1-sucks,talk about entry level...

good bang for a buck, but then you get what you pay for...while it is a bit heavy, it is still not awkward on tight singletrack. good entry level XC bike, but no more than that. i'm sure the frame will take much more abuse, but the components are all XC

dugson37   Weekend Warrior [Jun 30, 2008]
Strength:

I'm 42 yrs. old and I'm just getting back into riding to get some cardio and enjoy the outdoors. Bikes aren't what they used to be when I was younger, so I'm really a novice when it comes to knowing what's good and what's not! However, so far I think one of the strengths is the durability of the frame. And the shifting seems fairly smooth.

I would say change seats before you go riding too far.

Good bike for the price so far. I'm excited about getting out and riding more. I think if I get more serious, I would go with a bike that is lighter. Would recommend it for someone like me, who just enjoys trail riding w/o the extreme jumping/downhill adventuers!

Adina WIltshire   Weekend Warrior [Jun 01, 2008]
Strength:

Frame, Brakes, Gear Shifters,Brakes

Seat (hurts the arse if your a sitter)

I use my bike mainly for commuting around my little town, once in a bit I get out to a trail and I fall in love with this lil guy everytime :) Smooth ride the whole way through no problems at all, efficient gear shifting no worries on this guy... like the previous comment made above, BUY A GAURD! trust me, your legs will appreciate it in the long run.

Awesome handling downhills/Uphills and jumps (I haven't tried the big guys yet, so I speak for the little jumps)
The brakes On this bike are awesome! I ride my bike pretty hard (slow biking isn't realistic) So when I need to stop to avoiding dyeing the occasional time... they are life savers.

Definitely a beginners bike, hands-down on that one. If anyone can manage to break/crack this frame, you let me know... Its almost impossible.

Ride Hard, Or Don't Ride At ALL!

Similar Products Used: None
chad k   Weekend Warrior [Apr 25, 2008]
Strength:

Frame, Breaks, Forks, Almost everything

doesn't come with a bash guard

If you don't have a lot of money and don't do a lot of hardcore biking this bike is great. I bought my bike while it was on sale at Sport Chek and went out and bought a bash guard the next day. this bike stands up to almost anything from going down stairs to going off of 4 foot jumps (I weigh 100lbs and i am 5 foot 3). The only thing that i would suggest is to replace the third ring with a bash guard of some sort. If you are a big person the shock may not be the greatest for you, go out and buy some shocks with more travel. all in all this is a great bike fore anyone starting to bike more intensely than usual.

Similar Products Used: None