Ibex Bicycles Trophy Comp X7 XC Hardtail

• Headset: Cane Creek S-3
  • Saddle: WTB Pure V Race
  • Pedals: SPD Clipless

MAUI426   Weekend Warrior [Aug 21, 2008]
Strength:

price, value for dollar, frame - great for intermediate riders, more bike than needed for beginners

crankset, rims

value, value, value - great bike for the $$$. crankset sounds like grinding marbles but I'm a heavy rider. also could feel rims start to flex (potato chip) at high speed and under sharper turning pressure - again I'm sure it's due to my weight. decent components for all riding conditions. did i mention great value for the $$$? turns head on the trails.

Similar Products Used: early 90's Diamondback Topanga HT, Trek 3700 - not really similar but what I have to compare it to
Garytx7   Weekend Warrior [Aug 10, 2008]
Strength:

Great frame and components, especially the Tora fork. Love the Avid brakes too. Handles great and really does climb like a goat. Much faster than similar bikes my friends ride

Stock rear derailluer hanger. Get the upgrade.

Great bike and an incredible value, especially if you are a do it yourselfer. There's no bike shops near me so I knew I would be working on the bike myself. Get some decent tools and learn the bike. The Park Tool website is great for mechanical tips. Have fun!

Similar Products Used: Rockhopper, Giant XTC
Jay   Weekend Warrior [Jul 02, 2008]
Strength:

Fork, Frame, derailleur, pretty much everything

none that I can see

This bike is awesome. It beats out the competitors bikes that cost hundreds more, because you don't have to pay for a brand name. The frame is excellent, really light, and the geometry positions you perfectly to get the most power. It climbs great. And it the rock shox tora 318 that comes on it, which normally only comes on really expensive bikes, is amazing. It absorbs everything, and you can lock it with a button on the handlebars.

Buy your bike online, you won't regret it. You can even send it back for a different size if you buy the wrong one.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Tassajara, Marlin; Specialized Hardrock, Trek whatever, Fuji
Mike Davis   Cross Country Rider [Feb 07, 2007]
Strength:

Incredible bike for the price. Nicely finished and great component mix.

none so far

After selling my mountain bikes due to a bout with a brain tumor (no joke) I became a roadie. However, I can't ride a carbon road bike on rails to trails with my wife & daughter so I thought I'd buy an inexpensive hard tail. I did some shopping around stumbled onto the Trophy x-7. It doesn't have a high end name but at 54, I'm over the "see how expensive my bike is" thing. I've built up more than 10 bike from components over the years so I really appreciate how well this bike was tuned right out of the box. Just bolt on the handle bar and snug up the rear derailer cable.
Don't hesitate to buy this bike, it will do all you need and more.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale Scalpel, Santa Cruz superlight
Greg   Cross Country Rider [Jan 24, 2007]
Strength:

Light weight, silky smooth drivetrain, fast, strong brakes

Minor product packaging/instructions issues. Maxxis ignitor tires - use only on hardpack or pavement, not loose soil

Excellent value for the money - awesome ride! Nice paint, great components. For XC riders, beginners to intermediate. Makes riding the trails fun as the bike does the work. For those who want to push it - do it - it can take it.

Similar Products Used: Motobecane 700HT
Pete McAndrews   Cross Country Rider [Apr 14, 2007]
Strength:

Awesome spec, good looking piece of machinary, Climbs like a billy goat avoiding rape.

Name brand lacks bling factor. Uuuhhh thats about it. If you don't care about bling factor, there don't appear to be any weaknesses.

-Absolutely phenomenal handling. Think where you want to go, look, and you are there.
-The fork performes flawlessly. I didn't even realize how well it was working, until I realized that I was just floating over rocky sections, that previously had bounced me around mercilessly.
-The brakes work beautifully. You can modulate them from just barely slowing you, to STOP NOW. I just have to work a little more on set up, cause I prefer a firmer feel at the lever.
-What can I say about the shifting. You push the lever, the bike shifts. Nuff ced.
-I'm not sure how to describe the way this thing climbs. I cleared a couple of rocky uphills that I had never cleared before. I stayed seated for one of them. I'm not sure why it climbs so well, it is not that much lighter than my Hardrock. I think the superior fork helps because it doesn't deflect on rocky uphills. I think the superior shifting helps because you don't lose as much momentum when you shift. I wonder if the geometry is a significant factor?
-Not a huge fan of the bars. They just seem to put to much pressure on the outside of my hands.
-The seat is uber comfortable, even with so few miles on it.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Hardrock.
Justin   [Feb 16, 2007]
Strength:

Everything on the big is good

There are no weaknesses that I can see

This bike is a complete bike, I don't think I could ask for anything better then this bike.. I looked at many other bikes in the same price range and nothing comes close to this bike