Haro V1 XC Hardtail

• Shimano Easy Fire 7-speed shifters w/ Acera rear derailleur
  • Stainless Steel 14g spokes

• User Reviews (25)

jesterz99   Cross Country Rider [Mar 24, 2011]
    Strength:

Frame is great. the parts with it are ok and never broke on me.
    price... frame

parts

As a whole bike have rode it for 5 years hard, no problems.

Thru the years have been upgrading the parts , The frame is the keeper here,

And it brings me back to my bmx days, rode a torker as a kid and haro came from torker.
    frame .. frame... frame..

Ricky   Weekend Warrior [Apr 26, 2009]
    Strength:

This bike is very light. Shifts through the gears well. Frame looks awesome, due to the design and paint job/graphics.

The only thing on my V-1 that I have found to be a weakness is the fork. Its crap. But then again, I have put it through a dump-truck load of abuse. It works..but it has alotta flex. And it should come with disk brakes. THAT would be a nice touch.

This bike is well worth the money I paid for it. The first time I rode it in the parking lot...I knew right from the get-go that this bike had my name it. The light-weight frame, rather good parts. The rims are great, even with the turns I do while locking the rear brakes and the stoppies I do from time to time. My uncle has a GT thats rather nice. The first time he saw it, he said "How about you just leave the Haro here and take my GT home?" I'm like.."Naw man." But hey, if you buy this bike, you won't be let down. It has yet to let me down. Its a solid bike that has held up to everything I threw at it. From some downhill rideing (with alot of rocks on the way down..) to some jumping. This is the best bike I have EVER owned, hands down. Even though I'm 19 years old, I've been through alotta bikes, and this one chews them all up and spits them out.

Similar Products Used: None, when it comes to this caliper of bike.
    Pat   Cross Country Rider [Nov 01, 2008]
    Strength:

Pretty industructable, Price point, climbs great with new wheels and tires

Wheels are junk, poor shifting

I have used and abused this bike for the past 4 years about 6000 miles a year. With a little maintainance and new wheels it did all that is asked.

Similar Products Used: K2 Zed
    PAbiker   Downhiller [Jul 20, 2008]
    Strength:

Incredibly strong, cheap, good components for the price, very balanced feel

"suspension" fork is very lame

I took this bike off drops, jumped it a lot, and took it down very gnarly trails, and it held up very well except for the back axle (I broke it three times till I upgraded the rear wheel). The newer ones have a different wheel and they hold up much better. Fun to ride, and handles very nicely. Don't expect this bike to perform like an expensive bike, but for the money its pretty good. Buy this bike if your on a budget.

Similar Products Used: Giant rincon
    dave   Weekend Warrior [Jul 24, 2007]
    Strength:

good bike to get into mountain biking. i've takin this bike through black diamonds and it rides well for the price of the bike

the drivetrain isnt the greatest and is a little slow shifting but you cant expect much for the price. also the derailleurs loosen about every other time on the trails from being jolted around.the stock tires are junk enough said. and the mozo 30a fork is a sorry excuse for a fork.

great bike for the price.i bought this bike used from a bike shop that rented it out on the virginia creeper trail and everything works like new. i dont think you can find this good of a bike for the price

Similar Products Used: scott reflex
    Jason Wachenschwanz Wachenschwanz   Cross Country Rider [Jul 12, 2007]
    Strength:

Great strong frame. Light Bike.

Crappy Omni Shocks. Poor Kenda Tires. Weak handlebar, bent on first crash. Gears aren't the greatest.

This is a great bike to start out with, especially for the price. It's definitely a bike you'll have to upgrade as you get better and braver. I'm looking to add some clipless pedals and replacing gears and bottom bracket soon.

Similar Products Used: Giant Boulder
    Mike Dominkowitz   [Feb 01, 2006]
    Strength:

I have been out on a few rides and Beat this thing up. It has hit trees full force and washed away by river currents. It is still in one piece. I treat it like a red headed step child, and it still treats me great. Comfortable bike. Definately buy it. I looked at specialize, giant, and gary fisher. I made the right choice.

Rear hub loosened quickly. That's it.

Great bike for a beginner. Feels good riding and feels good falling. Can take a beating.

Sean Larson-White   Racer [Nov 09, 2006]
    Strength:

bullet proof fram nice paint job ok fork, easy to wheelie.

bad shifting, bad seat, bad brakes, needs new grips.

I think it is pretty good for the money you have earned. Great to get into the sport of mountain biking. Do not purchase if you are not willing to buy parts as they break.

Similar Products Used: 2003 Haro V1.