Gary Fisher Tassajara GS XC Hardtail

Gary Fisher Tassajara GS XC Hardtail

[May 15, 2010]
mestebon

Strength:

Very responsive, solid bike. I love the look and feel. I'm 5'2" and proportionally everything feels right about this bike for me.

The original seat wasn't great for long distance rides (it was narrow and hard), but on the trails, you wouldn't spend a whole lot of time sitting anyway. I occasionally do longer road rides, so swapped out the seat for a wider gel which is awesome both on trail or road.

I love this bike. I purchased it as a novice with recommendations from my boyfriend who had a Hoo Koo e Koo. Within a few months, I was hitting the trails with the experienced guys. Had I a lesser bike, I probably would have stuck to the beginner trails or given up. After 5 years of moderate riding, the bike is still in excellent condition and I've never had any trouble with any of the components. I'm excited about starting a new season with it.

This was my first mountain bike and am very glad I made the investment.

[Feb 20, 2004]
karin boucher

Strength:

components, seat, very women friendly shorter handlebars great frame for female. Nice job Gary.

I am light and so my shocks are set at 0psi not sure if no air pressure makes a difference I can' tell.

My first bike with front suspension and good components. I love this bike and it has encouraged me to ride more and more. Much more comfortable than my nishiki and lighter.

Rocky mountain, specialized,

[Jul 15, 2005]
Bubbles

Strength:

This bike fit me perfectly. I tried many Trek bikes but noe of them were nearly as comfortable.

I also have a long torso but am only 5'5" and this bike tested better than anything that I tried. More comfortable and shifts smoother than others. Ladies- don't be afraid to to try out a high end women's bike - it is worth the $$ - it makes me want to get out and ride!

Trek - the salesperson brought out bikes with different frame sizes (even some Trek womens) and this fit best. This beats my 15 yr old hybird anyday!

[May 17, 2004]
Erin

Strength:

everything is great so far; great frame; very comfortable ride; built for women - great concept

disc brakes would have been nice

I researched A LOT before finally buying this bike. My small build is a reason I chose to buy a woman specific bike. I asked for a lot of input from people who have raced, ride regularily or work in bike shops - this and the Norco bigfoot were the two it came down to. I liked the feel of this bike better. However, I think I may have gotten a little ripped on the price.

this is my first mountain bike purchase; I'm very pleased with my choice

[May 31, 2004]
lisa

Strength:

frame size, geometry, women-centric components

this bike is a STEAL for the money! i've got short legs and a long torso and this frame fits me perfectly. this bike is solid i bought it because the manufacturer actually took the time to specialize it for a woman.

gary fisher hoo-koo-e-koo