Fuji Panic Pro XC Hardtail

bak0009   Downhiller [Oct 05, 2008]
Strength:

the frame is perfect, the gears are smooth, the breaks are great, the tyres are grippy.

the stock pedals are average, the rims are too week (so dont whip or case)

this bike is a great bike, and i recomend it too all freeride/cross country riders, it has a strong frame and everything elese is practicly perfect, a great setup, and its fairly cheap.

Similar Products Used: gt chucker
josh mcclean   Cross Country Rider [Aug 22, 2007]
Strength:

This review is for a 2006 panic 1.0 good parts group , easy to get used to, super stiff and strong

juicy 5's did make some noise, cheap chain/cassette, seat sucks, first big hit steering got tight due to reducer in headset

Ive had a lot of bikes from bmx to mtn(ht and fs),this bike is the best of both worlds. It jumps like bmx but can climb like mtn. Its got a very short wheelbase so it manuals/endo's great,also handles tight woods great.I love the bike for jumping and beating on it, but for longer xc rides its to cramped and at 32lbs kinda heavy. My first ride i hit a 5 foot drop and bottomed out the fork and steering got tight.Weighing near 180lbs i put 180 in the fork but that didnt cut it so ive got 200 in it now and it feels way better. I dont know why the steering got tight but if you loosen your stem and re adjust it its fine till you have a big hit again.I love the bike for short tech. rides with jumps but longer rides i take my xc bike.This bikes great for bmxers looking for more speed or xc riders looking for more action.

Similar Products Used: 05 fuji panic air
Bret   Downhiller [Apr 22, 2006]
Strength:

This bike is ridiculously nimble and very stiff. The geometry is very much like a SC chameleon and the graphics are dope. It manuals and jumps like a dream.

Even with a 20 inch top tube, my feet are still hitting the front tire when in certain positions. I'm going to have to move to a 24" wheelset and longer travel to alleviate this problem.

This bike carries speed exceptionally well and is very responsive. I do a lot of park-type riding and trials (not trails, TRIALS) as well and so far I have no complaints about using this bike for either sort of riding.

Similar Products Used: Banshee Morphine, Azonic DS-1, steelhead.
Drip   [May 22, 2006]
Strength:

Well balanced, very nice frame geometry

I have the SR suntour fork. Its an okay fork, but Im saving up for a better one.

Overall the bike has been pretty solid for me. I have been through 3 bottom brackets and one set of cranks since I bought this bike in 2005. Overall, the bike has held of very well. I'm a fairly heavy guy and have had some major spills, but this bike has taken the punishment well. I have never seen anyone else with this bike, which isn't suprising considering fuji is known for its road bikes, but I definitly recommend giving this bike a try if you looking for a HT urban freeride bike.

fred again   [May 11, 2004]
Strength:

just forgot to tell u that the suntour xc-pro has a new technology of rapid travel adjust.... you just have to push a little button on ur handlebar then push on ur fork and the travel will change..... 60mm to 120mm.... mm by mm... what a nice fork :D working better than black elite, minute 3, dj3 , dj2...

truvativ crank

really nice bike and nice fork