Fuji Mt. Fuji SL XC Hardtail

• Chain: SRAM PC-971
  • Handlebar: Ritchey WCS Al Flatbar
  • Saddle: Fuji Carbon SL w/ Hollow Ti Rails
  • Seat post: Ritchey WCS forged Al, 350mm
  • Stem: Ritchey WCS V3, 1 1/8"
  • Pedals: Xpedo MF-4 Clipless

michiganmtbr   Weekend Warrior [Feb 16, 2009]
Strength:

Light weight, great components

Stock tires, Ritchey WCS seatpost

This bike rocks. Climbs great and the graphite frame absorbs shock. Factory tires are OK for dry hardpack conditions but not much good for anything else. Ritchey seatpost slips but I replaced it with a RaceFace and solved the problem. For the price I don't know where you could get a better bike.

v250gto   Racer [Dec 14, 2008]
Strength:

Its light and its very very stiff. Amazing brakes, nice shifting. Climbs very well.

The crankset and the wheels (Crossland) are not up to spec with the rest of the bike, the stock maxxis are very one dimensional, the seat does not fit the purpose of the bike, but that is a personal preference. The xpedo pedals are very light but are inferior to shimano spds, the cleats wear quickly, and the pedals do not shed mud well.

I'm a collegiate mtb racer from the university of illinois, and i bought this bike for racing first. Some of the parts specs were very strange, especially the wheel change that was made from ritchey wcs to mavic crossland. These wheels are very heavy and not very durable. The fork flexes (but you knew that buying a last gen sid), and the crankset is pretty low end compared to the rest of the drivetrain. However, with a few (but fairly major) part swaps, this will make a very serious xc racing hardtail. First wheels, then crankset, and the bike will be very light and perfect for racing.

F1RST   Racer [Jul 26, 2008]
Strength:

The ridiculously stiff BB makes climbing almost unfair. On the road, it is a road bike. Most efficient hardtail ever. On non-technical trails, you might as well pave it to the top. Carbon is great at absorbing shock, 1000x better than aluminum. Steep head tube geometry, but that's exactly what you need.

Well, it's not sub 10 lbs.

How many chapters can I write? First off, the bike (19 inch) fits me (5 ft 10) perfectly. 120 mm stem. I've been on 10k bikes that just don't fit either my style of riding or my exact dimensions. The carbon absorbs soo much shock I don't get beat up even after 5 hours of riding. I usually only use this bike for 2 hour, high intensity rides. Then I use my turner for longer distances or more all-mountain fun stuff. Haven't worried about it cracking, and i've ridden some brutal trails near Breck.

For me, there is NO argument if you race. Unless you are racing on rock gardens for 20 miles, a lighter carbon hardtail will crush a Full Suspension bike. A 2 lb drop in mostly rotational weight has given me about a 3-4 minute per hour advantage, rolling terrain. I am a typical "hardtail" rider -- so if you started on a FS then maybe, just maybe your style isn't mine. No worries.

Races are generally not lost on the descent, so on normal (not all) XC courses this bike has to be on the line. Bottom line is, DON'T BUY THIS BIKE BECAUSE I LIKE HAVING THE RIDICULOUS EDGE on the trail! Thanks.

Similar Products Used: turner, yeti, specialized, ibis, gary fisher, trek....the list goes on an on. Turner for FS, Yeti for HT.
shaby   Cross Country Rider [Jul 06, 2008]
Strength:

Very very light and so fast!(cant find any other xc bicycle that so light as the Mt. Fuji SL).
For me as a heavy weight rider - it's the perfect mountain bike.
Felt so light,so fast.
It is the perfect xc bicycle...
A pure XC machine!!!

nothing...maiby a little expensive(but it's worth it!)

Amazing XC bicycle.
Recomand it to any rider that looking for a fast bicycle and light - so light!

Cant see my self repalce it - finaly i have a bicycle that i can clibe with it so easy,that i can fly...

I allso cant find something ellse that getting close to the advantag's that the Mt. Fuji SL gives!

Similar Products Used: cant compare nothing to the Mt. Fuji SL - unique!
Rick Marquis   Cross Country Rider [Aug 08, 2007]
Strength:

It is simple do you want a mountain bike that is as light as a road bike and can take a beating. Sram XO the best Shifters.

I can't find another bike better yet always looking.

Similar Products Used: Titus, Lapierre,Felt
Seth Dog   Racer [Mar 27, 2008]
Strength:

SUPER SUPER SUPER FAST... I can't even tell you how easy it is to pedal this thing. It compares to nothing. On my first strenuous ride, I pushed myself as hard as I could go, and I practically sprinted for like 10 miles on technical rocky singletrack. I felt like I could keep going even more when I was done. It was an amazing feeling. It's pretty much like flying.

The tires are sketchy. They scare me around corners and on loose downhill. Just swap em out DUH. Perfect bike.

Great hardcore XC bike. You really can't even upgrade most the parts, because all the parts are already the top of the line. Pretty sweet for reals. You will notice a difference in speed when you are riding this bike. I can't wait to start the race season on this bad boy. Overall this is one FAST BIKE.