Flyte Celsius 6 XC Hardtail

» Custom Double Butted 6061 aluminum tubing
» ATX (All Trail Xross-platform) geometry will accommodate forks from 70 to 125mm of travel
» NEW 1 1/8" oversized INTERNAL CNC machined head tube
» Hydro-Formed 52mm Top Tube with Integrated Gusset
» Hydro-Formed 60mm Down Tube with Integrated Gusset
» Hydro-Formed RADX-OS 25.4mm, tapered, and ovalized chainstays
» RADX-OS 22.2mm curved and tapered seat stays
» Extended seat tube increases stand over height while creating a smaller and stiffer front triangle.
» Brazed Water Bottle Bosses; Flyte uses brazed bosses NOT alloy pop-rivets.
» Two-Tone Velocity Paint ®
» Replaceable Derailleur Hanger
» CNC machined 68mm English threaded bottom bracket.
» Compatible with either V Brake or Disc Brake Systems (Hydraulic or Cable Actuated)
» Frame Utilizes 27.2mm Seat Post Diameter / Recommended Length = 400mm
» Frame Utilizes 31.8mm / 1 ¼” Front Derailleur Clamp (MTB: Top Pull / Top Swing)

Price: $399.00 frame only

luis   Cross Country Rider [Jan 04, 2009]
Strength:

Very responsive frame, aggressive geometry

Manufacturer out of business, a bit unstable at high speeds

This is a race machine that can be fun to ride too, at its best on twisty single track, switchbacks, it goes like it was on rails, easy to over steer.
My only concern was how to replace the hanger, I found out that it is the same as the one for the Kona Caldera ( I already replaced the original)
I'm very satisfied with this frame.

Similar Products Used: most hardtails
Blake   Racer [Apr 05, 2006]
Strength:

-Amazingly good looks
-Frame stiffness
-Responsive
-Comfortable

-So pretty you don't wanna get it dirty

You aren't going to find a better bike for the money. This bike offers smooth riding with excellent response even in the harshest of conditions. It climbs like a squirrel and drops like an avalanche, what more could you ask for? Visit flyte1.com or call to talk to the incredibly knowledgable customer service reps Dan and Jason.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher
Jason Bigelow   Cross Country Rider [Mar 29, 2006]
Strength:

Stiffness of frame

Better hang on because your about to take Flyte. First off this bike is almost too pretty to even get dirty but once you get past the razor sharp looks and throw your leg over this demon on wheels you quickly realize that this bike is going to make riding a little more fun.
Handles like a nothing I have ever rode before, real tight turns up hill are nothing more than sweeper with a hicup. The stiffness of the frame gives you great comfidence that this thing goe,s were you point it, were other bike moreless follow your lead the Celsius 6 pushes you aside and clears the path for you and others to follow. The new ATX platform demand to be pushed to the limits and screams for speed.
You couldn't ask for a better bike or a company to deal with, the people at Flyte are as great as the bike with quick reponse and results. Thank you for such an unbelievable product.

Similar Products Used: Jamis Eureka
Rick D   Cross Country Rider [Feb 01, 2007]
Strength:

Great Looking Hydroformed frame.
Very Stiff and light.
First Class Support.

I got mine off of Ebay straight from the MFGR for half price, and built her up myself. My email and questions were answered by the owner James Raddin, and their support was second to none. I love the way the bike handles, the steering is responsive and true, uphill or down.

Similar Products Used: Fuji
taylor   Racer [Apr 28, 2007]
Strength:

great value, I got the complete bike special deal, which came with an Axel Platinum fork. The fork didn't hold up to my abuse.

as far as the frame, nothing. The fork that came with it was a bit weak.

This bike is an awesome deal for the money. I race it, and do pretty well. The only complaints I have is that it is a bit long for me, but that I could fix with a shorter stem (not hard!).

I have taken this thing down things that some down-hillers won't do, and it has taken the abuse very well. It handles very well, and climbs well.

This bike is AWESOME for people getting into racing. It is a great deal that you won't find anywhere else. Quality bike for a low price.

The funny thing to me, though, is that mine is the only one I have seen!

Skeptic   [Apr 08, 2007]

Call me crazy, but these reviews all seem like fake puff articles from the manufacturer or distributor. I'll throw in five stars so I don't change the current rating, but if I'm right, it's pretty lame.

Matt Saunders   Racer [Aug 22, 2006]
Strength:

Great looks.
very rigid frame.
Super light weight

This bike is an excellent cross country race bike, Light weight and rigid frame make this bike climb like a mountain goat and the decents are fast. The frame is a real eye catcher and draws alot of attention at the starting line. I would recommend the Celsius 6 to any hardtail fanatic who is into fast clean racing.