Fezzari Solitude - XT XC Hardtail

Introducing the entry level version of the Solitude series. Fezzari's new HTC monocoque carbon frame is light (weighing only 2 lbs), laterally stiff and vertically compliant. We make it laterally stiff with a beefed up bottom bracket shell, a 31.6mm seat tube (the industry standard is 27.2mm), and a reinforced headtubed and downtube. That makes it one of the most efficient frames you'll ever ride.

The vertical compliance (vertical flex for a softer ride) comes from the carbon and tube shaping. Also, as an option you can go with tubeless tires. Between the frame and tubeless tires, the Solitude will feel like it has 80mm of travel in the rear. Ride one and you'll be hooked on light, efficient cross-country riding. Who knows, maybe you'll even try an Xterra.

tonyhuynh28   Weekend Warrior [Jul 29, 2011]
Strength:

Lightweight, frame weighs only 2 lbs. Sick paint job.
Very smooth, quick, shifting. Excellent customer service.

Loud Brakes.

My previous bike was the Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc. I wanted to stick with Specialized again, but decided to do some more research and actually landed on Fezzari. At first, I was a little reluctant to buy online, but after seeing all the positive feedback I decided to go for it.

Customer service is great - I emailed them back and forth with my questions about the different bikes they had and options I could go with. They also custom fit your back according to your measurements. After seeing that they had financing available, instead of going with the Kings Peak, I wanted to go all out on a hardtail and got the Solitude XT.

One bit of advice. Don't order through their website!! Order via phone so you can customize your bike if you want to! Instead of sticking with the Deore Front Derailleur, as advertised, I went with XT also for only $20 bucks extra. Also, instead of the RockShox Dart 2, I upgraded the fork to RockShox Recon Silver TK with PopLoc remote for only $160! Not only that, but they threw in some free upgrades. They were on back order with the Truvativ Blaze crankset, so instead they just put on a SRAM S800 Howitzer for free. Also, as advertised, it comes with some unnamed Shimano hydraulic brakes, but mine actually came with the Avid Juicy 3 Brakeset. Great stopping power, but my only complaint is that they are loud when going downhill, and the rotors often rub against the calipers. I plan on switching to either SLX or XT hydraulics in the future.

Downhills are no problem. Climbing is solid too - it is actually so light that I can assist my climbing by just picking up the front fork over and over lol. I would have to say that my skill level is not good enough to get its full potential out of the bike, but that'll change soon enough.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and would highly recommend Fezzari to everyone.

OVERALL
bo bo bobby   Racer [Aug 06, 2010]
Strength:

light weight and strong. it climbs super well and is like a razor on the descent.

comes with heavy fork and wheels arent top of the line but for the price you cant beat it. easy upgrade on both

if you are just getting into mt. biking this is the best route one can take. the shifters are clean and require almost no mantinace and the breaks are great a few grams heavier than my wifes xtr set up but she has had the shop guys work on them over and over... mine are bullet proof, never a need to adjust.

here is the deal. you can upgrade little by little as i have and get yourself into a race form bike if you dont have the cash to throw down for the race at this time. If you do have the cash for the race...DO IT! the whole package is cheaper through FEZZARI than piece by piece but i dont carry that kind of cash all at once.

love this bike and the shop has taken good care of me.

BUY IT!