Fetish Cycles Discipline XC Hardtail

Fetish Cycles Discipline XC Hardtail

The new Fetish Cycles Discipline mountain frame has the geometry of a race bike. The frame is made of 7005 double-butted aluminum. The frame was designed around a 100mm travel fork. Also this frame accepts both disc and v-brakes. You will love the way this bike handles because its geometry is similar to our top of the line race frames but for a fraction of the cost. There is no compromise with the Fetish Cycles Discipline, you will not only have a stiff frame but also a very comfortable ride.

[Aug 14, 2012]
Paul

Strength:

Very durable, low cost, good components from Fetish Cycles, lots of riding with very few issues. Good geometry, race inspired.

Kinda heavy for an XC hardtail (mine is 32.5lbs complete), not a fan of the decals.

Bought this bike from Fetish Cycles in 2007 just as they were closing up shop. Came with deore components, hayes mechanical brakes, weinmann wheels, decent rubber and and overall nice package. This has been my commuter, mountain, trail and training bike for the past five years and I have had zero issues. Recently I did a minor service on the deore components but that it. I cant believe that a $400 bike (cloesout price in 2007) has been so good to me.

Ridden in rain, mud, hardpack, street, jumped roots, switched between slicks, and xc tires many times and it keeps going.

Too bad they went our of business, good package for the money. Just upgraded after five years to a full suspension trail/XC but this is staying as my commuter. Awesome. If they ever get back to business I;ll be looking for them.

[Jul 25, 2009]
bbouwkamp

Strength:

Fast. This bike is tough and quick, rides like a bat out of hell. I feel in love with this bike the first time I took it on some technical singletrack.

None yet.

Very happy with my purchase. I foresee using this much more than the other bikes in my stable.

Schwinn Homegrowns

[Mar 19, 2009]
Death_Hampster666

Strength:

Solid frame, very light in weight, frame is good for all around riding Commuting, trails, dirt jumping, Street, pretty much any thing your fork can handle. Gothic look.

The Chain stay is fairly narrow, any tire over 2.3 in. will rub when railing turns. Frame could be a bit stiffer. Head tube could use more rise.

If you are looking for a bike that can ride up and down a hill this is the one not to mention the bike it flat out well worth its money, and some. I have Commuted hundreds of miles on it and rode muddy, rocky, and smooth trails. If you can pitch it the fetish will catch it. Solid bike but after 2+ years of riding it and running to large of tires I have pretty much eating away the chain stay looking to by another one when this one breaks.

[Jul 22, 2008]
brendonn

Strength:

The price
Lightweight considering the above
Good geometry with 100 mm fork
Strong and dependable
Stiff without being harsh
Durable paintjob (mines dark matt navy)

Not particularly exciting to look at, but then no one wants to nick it.
It doesn't have wings.

Amazing value for this bike. I was on the verge of buying a replacement as I've been restricted to use this as a commuter for over a year, but the moment I took it off road again, this bike just shone through. It handles way above the level the price may suggest, climbs exceptionally well and descends (with help from the fork) controlled and confident. But its not harsh, not like a Klein. It can be jumped well too, but I would not recommend it for dirt jumps/dh/fr etc, just the normal ledges and drops on xc trails.
Overall, if this frame died tomorrow or some clever sod steals it, I will be straight back onto ebay and get another one, maybe in red this time.
Superb value, miles above the other "cheap" frames out there.

klein pulse, kona firedome, voodoo something, rocky mountain vertex, giant xtc carbon, a few scott hard tails