Felt RXC XC Hardtail

You may be just getting started in cross-country or X-Terra racing, and you’re looking for a bike that is built upon a rock-solid design platform. Anyone will tell you that frame is the heart and soul of any bike, so it’s gotta be spot-on. By using the exact same superlight Aluminum/Carbon 1375 gram frameset as the more-expensive RXC Pro, the RXC has you covered. It’s built up with a XT/LX/Deore 27-speed component mix, and features a high-performance Manitou Axle Elite fork w/lockout. After sizing up the competition, you’ll find the RXC is peerless.

JOSEPH   Cross Country Rider [Apr 09, 2006]
Strength:

superlight frame that is solid and responsive. great component set up for the money. Love the manitou fork with lockout!

none as of yet

After researching a bunch of cross country bikes I narrowed my results down to the felt rxc. The bike shop was able to get me an 05 model from the factory for cheaper than the 06. with the money I saved I put on a few higher end parts on it. This bike takes off! it feels alot less than 25 pounds. I have only had it for less than three months and already I am acheving considerably faster times at my favorite trail. You cant get a better bike for this price period. Any rider looking to step up from the weekend warrior status entry level competion should consider this bike.

Similar Products Used: specialized hardrock pro, trek 4500
Paul   [Sep 26, 2005]
Strength:

Great frame, good groupset for price and excellent components

A great all round set up for a very reasonable price. Same frame at RXC Pro so easy to upgrade as required.

Similar Products Used: Klein attitude comp
Larry   Cross Country Rider [May 06, 2007]
Strength:

Superlight frame, good components. This bike climbs like a rocket. I shopped around for two weeks before making up my mind. The bike shop cut me a deal on an 06 model. I love the fork lockout I've been out of biking for three years and I'm very picky about what I buy.

None! If you can find a deal on this bike like I did buy it.

The only thing I'll change on this bike is upgrade the trigger shifters. If you want a race bike at a great price buy it.