Felt RXC Elite XC Hardtail

• RockShox J3 w/ TurnKey Lockout Fork
  • Alex TD-17 Doublewall Disc-Type Rim
  • Hayes Alloy Brake Levers

david   Weekend Warrior [Aug 13, 2007]
Strength:

weight, agility and quality of components

None yet

I bought this bike as I wanted the lightest frame I could find for the money. I tested several before buying, the Kona Cindercone, Trek 6700, Specialied Rockhopper and a Canondale, but I agree with Kevin - this bike blows them all out of the water!
I was impressed with how well it cornered at speed on the open trail and thought it couldn't get any better, but going through a twisty single track - wow! The front fork took a while to get right (it's a Rockshox Tora 318, not RockShox Reba SL as per USA spec). This bike flatters every part of my riding ability and I love it.

Similar Products Used: Claud Butler Rock, Scott
Kevin Church   Weekend Warrior [May 07, 2007]
Strength:

Lightweight, good components, climbs well.

I'm not sure if I like the stock tires. I'll probably end up putting my Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires on her..

I bought the bike today and took it for a ride at Lagoon Valley Park. Just a nice easy ride. Climbed a few hills and the bike was flawless. I'm coming from a Specalized hardrock comp and this bike blows it out of the water. I now know what I've been missing. Great bike.. I love it. % chilis because this is the best bike I've ridden.

Josh   Racer [Aug 26, 2006]
Strength:

Handling, low center of gravity, frame weight, value.

None really, but it has a pretty low bottom bracket.

This is the best handling bike I've ever ridden. It has amazing handling. Climbs well, it's light weight for the components that it has. The carbon rear dampens bumps really well. Nothing earth shattering but you can tell the differance. The bottom line is, I love this bike, it's a great race bike, good climbing and handling, reasonable price. I've ridden it really hard with no major problems. My bottom bracket is about ready to be rebuilt, but that's the only trouble it's given me