Felt Q520 XC Hardtail

• Stem: Alloy One-Piece Melt-Forged Design
  • Shifters: Shimano Altus ST-EF50 EZ-Fire Plus
  • Brakes: Tektro IO, Stainless Rotors 180mm Front & 160mm Rear

Cameron   Weekend Warrior [Jan 16, 2012]
Strength:

Great components for the price! I have ridden it numerous times in the past month and I have had not had any problems. I am a big guy too, and everything has held up way better than expected.

I have ridden this bike on four different types of trails. One primarily downhill, the other really rough and sandy, the other had a lot of obstruction, and the other was a little bit of everything. This bike has held up exceptionally well. I could not have asked for a better bike; I mean it truly is one of the coolest thngs I have ever owned.

S-WorksLewis   Cross Country Rider [Dec 26, 2011]
Strength:

SR Suntour XCT-V3 fork works well and does it's job on the trail. Shifter's work amazing as well as the crank and f/r derailleurs. Cool looking Frame and I haven't had a problem with any of the components.

None, considering the price.

Great Trail Bike first race with it is in a few months.

Similar Products Used: Scott Scale 29er Team
wbrookes520   Cross Country Rider [Jul 10, 2011]
Strength:

frame is very good and stock headset is amazing for handling.
I would recommend this bike for a cross country trial but its not good for jumping.

stock pedals are rubbish and cranks are very heavy.

Fantastic price for an all round good bike.

Similar Products Used: saracen mantra 2
jan jakoubek   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2011]
Strength:

frame, breaks,weight

shifters,front derailleur and absolutely terrible SADDLE

Great looking bike with nice design and very good price for model 2011. Dont even think to go far with original saddle because this need to be replace immediately. Front derailleur is not great and together wit shifters should be replace. But for this price is this great bike because all series Q is using the same frame. So,you get components exactly how much you pay ;o))

Similar Products Used: Carraro daytona
mcarrasc   Cross Country Rider [Mar 19, 2011]
Strength:

Solid frame. Excelent for street and recreational xc. Price is fair for what you get.

Considering the price, none

Bough this bike because I didn't know how serious I wanted to ride. As soon as you start to get into technical riding such as climbing, DH, and long rides you will se the parts you need to upgrade.

First, the fork isway too heavy.
Saddle too hard
drivetrain is just 8 speed and crank is also way to heavy
tiers are not good for cornering
wheelset also heavy
and I could go on with each and every part.

So now I jus have the original frame, which I like, but I practically have changed every other part.

This iis a good bike if you want to upgrade later or for light xc rides.

After all, remember is just $400.

Similar Products Used: Specialized hardrock
irollomaha   Racer [Mar 15, 2011]
Strength:

Shifting, Geometry, Weight, Style, Frame

Pedals, Front Suspension

I'm not sure why this bike is priced so low. The Components are great, the weight is Ideal and the geometry could not be better. I could have easily spent more than $1000 on a Trek or Specialized but this bike won me over.

Similar Products Used: Fuji Nevada
FuzzLinc   Weekend Warrior [Jan 07, 2011]
Strength:

The frame lines look awesome and the colour is great (black and red). Good components for entry level bike. Brakes are excellent for mechanical. Shifters work a treat. Tyres are a good allrounder. Strong and stiff.

Forks aren't the best, grips started slipping after a few rides, no QR seat clamp.

Awesome entry level hardtail. Frame is a great base and I have already started upgrading. Could have easily bought a whole new bike to upgrade but I love this frame. Rockshox Sektor forks, Deore hydro brakes and shifters, SLX rims and Maxxis Ignitor tubeless tyres and I now have a rocket. Did my first eva race (Triple R, Cairns) and bike excelled. Could not have asked for a better bike to start off MTB. I'm hooked on the sport because of this bike. If you wanna start off on the right foot, the Q520 fits perfectly.

Bob S   Weekend Warrior [Sep 18, 2010]
Strength:

great disk brakes, strong frame

shifters could use an upgrade - doesn't hold alignment as well as I'd like

bought this bike in the spring when I decided to get back into the sport and don't regret it for a second. tried a few better-known mountain bikes before settling on the q520 - it just fit me really well. love the disk brakes & balance front to rear. read a lot of negatives on the fork, but it's fine for me right now. if anything, I'd plan on upgrading the rear shifter first. great bike for the money