EWR Bikes OWB XC Hardtail

• True Temper Supertherm & Columbus Nivacrom butted tubing
  • Reinforced Head Tube
  • Externally butted seat tube, lower overall height
  • Bi-Flovalized top tube and tapered rear stays
  • All cable guides "Hydro-style" for full-length cable housing
  • Clamp-on seat collar
  • Hand made in Pennsylvania - TIG Welded

• User Reviews (3)

Nitrometal   Cross Country Rider [Apr 25, 2010]
    Strength:

RIDABILITY! if you know how to ride it, it becomes an extension of your own body! that being said, i know people who've gone to EWR and said they had to basically re-learn how to maneuver a bike through trials. i'm always told it was worth the efforts though.

the frame isn't the lightest thing but i'm hoping that translates into a bomb-proof structure. The location of the bottle cage braze-ons isn't nearly as brilliant as the rest of the frame construction. try and mount a pump to it, i dare you.

Everything you've read about these frames is true! FUN! FUN! FUN FREAKIN FUN! The geometry of these frames makes them so incredibly responsive that you don't even notice you're piloting a 30lb build! I have a pretty strong background in Observed Trials so when I read that EWR had a background in it as well I just had to give it a shot. Going from my Kona to this thing, it felt like a revelation! This bike EFFORTLESSLY jumps higher, turns sharper, accelerates faster...once you learn how to make the most of the unique geometry attributes it will reward you endlessly. i spent 6 years on my kona and enjoyed it, but after 3 weeks on my EWR i KNOW this bike was made for me.

Similar Products Used: i could list bikes i've previously had here, but nothing feels like this bike!
    CJones   Weekend Warrior [Jun 09, 2009]
    Strength:

Geometry/Handling, Steel is Real, Flickability

Getting asked "Is that an old one or a new one?" a million times

Eastern Woods Research was one of those cool companies that I loved back when I was younger but was gone by the time I could afford one. So when I heard that Jay de Jesus was bringing back EWR I was all over it and got one of the 1st run OWBs (with the retro graphics). I couldn't be happier with this bike. This is by far the best handling bike I've ever owned. It is a very balanced bike that you can easily throw around. Massive standover. Wheelie machine. The geometry really comes alive when you ride it like a BMX bike. Weight over the rear wheel -- wheelie, manual, or float the front tire on everything and rail every corner. It will bring a big smile to your face and is a blast to ride. I've been so pleased with this bike that I recently bought a 2nd EWR -- one of their OWB 29er singlespeeds.

Similar Products Used: EWR OWB 29er singlespeed
    Regerfab   Cross Country Rider [Jun 03, 2009]
    Strength:

Nimble Geometry, rails corners
    Stable and Fast, great for descents
    stiff frame climbs very well
    Strength!

doesnt get me any girls (that could be just me though)

This is the most fun bike i have ever ridden. ive owned many bikes that were a blast to get on, but every time i finish a ride on this im smiling. Loves to put in xc miles, shows other bikes how its done on the jumps. It begs to be hammered and sprints out of every corner. nothing compares to the ride it has.