Devinci Desperado 1 XC Hardtail

• Handlebar: V2 Gyro flatbar 31.8mm
  • Saddle: Selle Italia FK trans am
  • Seatpast: V2 Pro 27.2mm

Tony   Weekend Warrior [Jul 03, 2007]
Strength:

Solid bike. It's like a cat! Quiet and climbs like mad and is a super fast bike. I'm really happy with it. I don't ever buy anything higher end than LX, so this is perfect for me...and it has hydraulic discs! The RockShox Tora is really nice...remote lockout is handy.

At first it was the colour, then I lived with it, but now, I just plain wish it was one solid colour. The V2 Gyro Flatbar is not to my liking...I'd prefer a hellbent XC riserbar...but none of the Desperados have riserbars...and the other hardtails in Devinci's line were the Cameleons...which I don't care for.

I use this bike every weekend on all sorts of trails and difficulty levels. I'll ride anything.

I also ride this to work every day about 20km. So I did want something rather rigid.

I preferred the paint job and the front fork on the Desperado SL2..but for $2000, it's overkill for my needs.

I'm very happy with this bike, and I didn't think anything would ever replace my old ChiliPepper, but this is doing the job just fine...maybe I'll paint the frame metallic green for nostalgia ;)

bottom line, Devinci bikes are unstoppable!