Cannondale Flash 2 XC Hardtail

• Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-ES25
  • Handlebars: Cannondale C3, 650 x 20mm riser

[Dec 10, 2012]
Rich Pirani

Strength:

Fast, comfortable, versatile

Have not found any, although some of the guys in my club have swapped out the stock wheels for a ligher set up. But they feel ok to me.

I bought this bike for both off season (winter) road riding, and trail riding on mostly single track. I have been riding it for a couple of months now and really find it meets both of those requirements well. I thought that the 29 would take some time to get used to, but the transition has been seamless and I love the way the 29er's just ride over stuff that used to require attention. I can even hang in there with my roadie buddies on the sloppy days as long as the pace does not get insane, while having a lot more fun then they are, jumping curbs and slamming through potholes. I just lock out the front lefty and crank up the pressure in the Rapids and go. This bike is seriously fast for a mountain bike. A great all purpose bike IMHO.

OVERALL
[Sep 24, 2012]
Hardsofttail

Strength:

Responsive
Light aluminium frame
Both asthetically beautiful and good performance lefty fork
Like the colour scheme

Stock parts are darn heavy
Certain components are even non series
Price of bike slightly inflated in singapore

My first 'real' mountain bike and do it all bike before i focused on mountain biking. Did my first 168k road race on it, my first mtb xc race, my first triathlon and use on local skate parks and pump track. Performed all of the above well, real happy with it.
Frame and stock spec took a fair bit of abuse. Stock came at about 11.5kg? Now at 9kg.
Lefty fork performed beyond my expectations, until it started leaking about 2years later and the mechanic couldnt figure out why. With this exception, just love the responsiveness, feel and look of the fork.

Absolute great starter bike and beyond. Except for the prices here.

OVERALL