Cannondale F600 XC Hardtail

Seth Monoson   All Mountain Rider [Jun 04, 2015]
Strength:

Great frame construction, solid and stable ride, very durable. Good components at this price point. Great aluminum frame to upgrade the components and ditch anything with "cannondale" on it.

Headshok failure and the company won't back it up. The worst service at the corporate and retail level imaginable. Extremely bad customer service, which has permanently turned me away.

Because "corporate" and retail cdale were so incredibly lame, greedy, nasty, etc., I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM CANNONDALE. I won't even enter the store in Carle Place. The service is BAD, the product (headshok) has been deemed "garbage" by their own mechanics, and now I'm doing a conversion to a rockshox fork, at a REAL BIKE SHOP. Arrogant, greedy unprofessional, and stupid company and employees.

zenpunkist   Weekend Warrior [Nov 08, 2010]
Strength:

Great frame geometrics. Great climbing performance. Stiff fork.

Headshock leaks air,and it could use more travel squish. Handlebars are a bit to wide for my taste.

Great all around trail bike. This bike is at its best on fast rolling, choppy singletrack. Lock-out mechanism is very handy and accessible when needed. A few upgrades are in the works, for starters the tires need replaced. Very satisfied with this bike, its durability and handling is right on for the money.

Another goodie for any Cannondale fans - the SI head tube on the F600 is compatible with any Lefty fork. Thats an upgrade im considering and recommend for anyone.

Similar Products Used: n/a
Aidanfay   Weekend Warrior [Jun 11, 2010]
Strength:

THE FRAME GEOMETRY IS NICE FOR ME, I FIND IT AN EASY BIKE TO RIDE. HANDLING IS AGILE AND NIMBLE. BEST BIKE I'VE OWNED. SRAM X7 SHIFTING IS PRECISE. GOOD CLIMBER.

HEAD-SHOK LEAKS A LITTLE OIL. LOCK-OUT STOPPED WORKING AFTER 3 YEARS. A PROBLEM I KEEP HEARING ABOUT THIS MODEL. LOST AIR FROM THE SHOCK. RECENTLY BOUGHT A SHOCK-PUMP. SEEMS TO BE HOLDING AIR I'M RIDING WITH THE SHOCK AT 120psi. THAT'S PRETTY STIFF, I'M 160lbs. RECOMMENDED PRESSURE FOR MY WEIGHT IS 80psi. BUT WHO RECOMMENDS ? IF I GET A CHANCE TO PUT A RIGID FORK ON I WILL. THOUGH THAT'S A LOT OF HASTLE. I CHANGED THE ORIGINAL SEAT AND PEDALS, THEY SUCKED. I THINK THE SHOCK SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECALLED AND FIXED FOR FREE.

I LOVE THIS BIKE. CANNONDALE, FIX MY DAMN FORKS !. AND YOU SHOULD'NT HAVE WENT TO TAIWAN !. WHY DOES IT SAY "MADE IN U.S.A." ON YOUR NEW BIKES ?. ANYWAY, I'M GONNA RIDE IT TILL I BREAK IT FOR KEEPS.
BY THE WAY, I POSTED IN HERE BEFORE WHEN I FIRST GOT THE F600 BUT I LOST ALL MY LOG-IN INFO.
HAPPY TRAILS GUYS, GLAD TO BE HERE AGAIN, AIDAN.

Similar Products Used: GARY FISHER PARAGON, 1999. GREAT BIKE THOUGH MY ROOM-MATE BROKE THE FRAME. NEVER LONE YOUR BIKE, NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND.
keesue   Racer [Sep 24, 2009]
Strength:

Solid made in USA frame. Quality construction.

The seat

After upgrading the seat, the shifters and the crank, the bike is great. I put 1.3 conti street slicks on it for city duty and it is quick and very precise handling. It is a blast to ride. The flat black look is awesome. I get compliments on it all the time.

clj766   Weekend Warrior [Mar 25, 2009]
Strength:

Ridgid frame, nice welds, raw finish looks nice, sram x-7, frame warranty,

chain cheapest sram makes, seat sucks, wheels cheapest xc mavic 117, for what I paid should have hydros, tires suck, bars to wide, headshock not much travel,

If I could do it over I would have bought used bike with upgraded parts or maybe a 29er Rode a specialized rockhopper 29er and loved it compared to my bike. Good frame just the parts on it are pretty standard I would prefer a lefty over the headshock at least it has some travel. My back wheel has a hop in it I only weigh 150 thats after having it trued.

Similar Products Used: GF piranna,
roddy090   Cross Country Rider [Aug 27, 2008]
Strength:

Light, balance, smooth ride, descent components for now

wide bars, already broke the shock lockout (I went off a 4 foot drop with the lockout off. It should have handled it.)

I am very happy with the bike. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a $1000 bike.

The shock is getting replaced for no cost so I can't complain about that.

It took a little time getting used to the seat, but I can ride for hours now.

kentlewan   Weekend Warrior [Jun 27, 2008]
Strength:

Brakes, Frame, Smooth ride

Suspension Cartridge

I purchased this bike strictly for weekend use on local fire roads. It's a good choice for that, and gets me to the top of the mountain and down without any hitches.

I have continually had problems with the suspension cartridge. After less than 1 year of use, it began leaking, and I have had to have it inflated at local shops ever since (I don't own the special high-pressure pump that is required to inflate it). Just today I was in the shop and the mech showed me that thing is leaking (showing me the gauge), and he says I need new seals - only from a licensed Cannondale shop! That's a real bummer.

I can't fully recommend this bike until Cannondale makes more reliable seals for their suspension cartrige. Or else maybe the local shop (Cylcle Sports) gave me a bummer product. I don't know. I'll probably have the suspension replaced, hopefully with a more reliable version. Otherwise, I am happy with the bike.

Sazali   Weekend Warrior [Apr 06, 2006]
Strength:

Nimble, durable and with stiff frame coupled with the Headshok's lock-out, this bike helps fly uphill. Until now the stock wheelset and Headshok are still doing their job well without giving any trouble ever since I bought the bike. It makes a good commuter or touring bike as well.

Finishing; paint inconsistently applied and bubbled decals. Headshok could use an external rebound adjuster and perhaps a longer travel. Need to be a bit attentive on road descends (with slick tyres on) or the twitch could spell disaster but descends finely on trails.

This bike is marvellous for those who could only have one 'do-it-all' bike like myself who live on a hilly island where there is always a long climb stands between me and my destination, race occasionally, ride on paved road on weekdays with the slick tyres on and moderate trails on weekends.
Also, the bike underwent smoothly a couple of annual all-day ride event with endless climbs and technical descends to endure and when the torment over, just washed the mud off the bike plus some TLC and its ready for the next ride.

Btw, I would appreciate a feedback from anyone who have used the Magura C'dale Cartridge System as featured in the Sept '05 MBAction. I wonder how it would enhance the ride.

Sam A.Y.   [Sep 18, 2005]
Strength:

Awesome, beautiful frame. Lock out feature, decent components. Great climber. discs.

Saddle, whether you like it or not, you'll have to replace the crap saddle. I rode it for a week, my cheeks hurt for a week.
Then i bought a wtb speed v($25), and solved everything.

If i were to choose a bike again, i would definitely buy this again, along with a new saddle of course. I love this bike with all my heart, and don't see myself with a new bike anytime soon unless i do more aggressive stuff requiring a softtail.

Edgar   Cross Country Rider [Sep 23, 2005]
Strength:

Super responsive and stiff frame(even w/o locking the Heakshock), great component group for $$, superb fit & finish. Hands down, the best cockpit for ripping on XC trails.

The Avid BB5's seem to whine and ping a little. The handle bar is also too thick for moving in the levers when it's shortened for a smaller rider... 5'6"-135lbs. Erhhh... My buddy bought his 2 weeks before I bought mine? LOL! Other than that, it rocks!

I'm a die hard TREK fanatic, you know, the guy who keeps all his manuals, catalogs for the bike year, etc. The skinny is, there's not a single bike in the $1100 price range that comes even close to the performance of a F600. I was very anti-cannondale because of their proprietary nature. Now, I'm a changed man. My second time on the bike, riding my mid-week 15 mile loop, I bested or equalled my fastest time on the Y-11 according to the computer. By the way, my F600 is 1.5 lbs heavier. Need I say more? (Don't get me wrong Trek diehards, I still love my Y-11)

Similar Products Used: Trek 830, Trek 930, Trek Y-11 tweaked for XC racing(now the wife's) and a Specialized Allez Comp for building the cardio.