Cannondale F500 Bike XC Hardtail

F500

Joe   [May 17, 2013]
Strength:

Compact size, and long lasting durability

I have been riding this bike since 1996. It still runs like a champ. People thought I was nuts for paying so much for a bike back them. Looks like 17 years later i am the one laughing.

tanner nicholson   [Jul 27, 2012]
Strength:

Weight is a huge pro to this bike

The seat is thin and uncomfortable

Believe it or not I got this bike for FREE! My friends dad gave it to me because my old bike was falling apart

James W. Davis   [May 19, 2012]
Strength:

The bike itself is great, the frame, great as well, and then you have the components, and you see the review I left, Nothing to Complain about, except the seats could have more cushion! That would be the only, and I mean only negative about this bike..Thanks

The only Weakness the bike has is the seat..That is it..Nothing else to knock on this bike..Outstanding..

The bike is as good as a 5 star hotel, Without the room service!

Tom   Weekend Warrior [May 10, 2011]
Strength:

handles like it's a part of my body

shifting - it doesnt stop me from telling you this bike rocks !!

the bottom line is im a 53 year old rider and this bike handles so well that i would recomend it to anyone. the seat hurts me old arss but what can i complane about my cannondale f-500 cad-2? I payed a hundred dollars for it and 150 for two new tires and a tune up.( WINNING )

Similar Products Used: schwinn orange crate springer shock.haaaaa
Imran   Weekend Warrior [Sep 16, 2003]
Strength:

All around great package, durable as hell

....hmmm.......uhh......

the f500 is definitely one of the best damn bikes around...i've had it for over 4 years and have only had to replace parts because of wear and tear...a solid package, and a steal at $650...i would definitely recommend a Cannondale to anyone looking for an all around great package...they might seem a little steep at first but it's worth it in the long run!!! oh and definitely go clipless, the pedals my '98 came with didnt do justice to the rest of the bike

Similar Products Used: n/a
Tim   Weekend Warrior [Apr 27, 2004]
Strength:

Great frame well built very durable. Also the component set at the time was very high quality.

I had the IRC Mythos XC, blackwall, 26 x 2.1” replaced with a specialized tire and I also reinforced the back wheel using an upgraded sun rim from about 2002. But the rim lasted 4 years so it was alright.

If you find a split pea green get it just make some adjustments and you'll have an awesome bike on your hands.

Similar Products Used: Various Mountain Bikes fuji --> kona --> gary fisher
Patrick   Weekend Warrior [Feb 19, 2004]
Strength:

one hell of a frame. Indy C still going strong

Little skimpy on the origional components

The frame and even the Indy C forks have lasted through everything I have thrown at it. Not a bad deal in '98 when i bought it and even though the only origional items on the bike are the frame and forks, this bike still kicks a**. I would by it all over again. Well worth the money!

Similar Products Used: gary fisher
Jay G   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 05, 1999]
Strength:

-Killer Frame
-Sweet shock: especially with upgrade
-Climbs like a Mt.goat

Stock componentry isn't top of the line, but what can you expect for the price.

Kickin' ride: fast and maneuverable on the downhills and climbs like a goat. I'm tired of hearing all you wenies complaining about the components. If you know anything about riding, you should know you shred the components every year or so anyway, no matter where they stand on the line.

Similar Products Used: Trek carbon fiber and KHS chromoly
John Leo   weekend warrior [Jul 23, 1997]

Before I give my review, let me start off by saying that I have no experience whatsoever
with mtb's. The only bikes I ever had were a BMX and a 12 speed road bike the size
of a kiddie bike. I got a Cannondale F500i in July and I have to say I love it. I told the store
to upgrade to LX-V brakes for $65 and they work great (pads suck like shit tho and wear out in 1 week)
The bike looks great and have drawn more second glances than a Ferrari. More than I can say for myself.I have no intention of upgrading the bike. My next bike (probably 5 years from now - getting a real job out of college soon) will be a full suspension Cannondale. A few complaints I had (I think they're my bike specifically) are that the weld marks aren't done as well as other cannondales I've seen. Also, the specs on C'dale's web page doesn't exatly match the real deal. LBS I bought it from was a real asshole filled place so it kind of took away from the overall experience of bike buying. All in all, the bike looks durabel and has a lifetime warranty. I love Cannondales.

Charlie Wilson   weekend warrior [Jul 16, 1997]

Just bought the new 98 a few days ago... So far I have not found a thing that I can complain about... The components are alright.. The upgrade on the 98 to the Vbrakes are niceWould recommend this bike. .