Banshee Bikes Viento XC Hardtail

Banshee Bikes Viento XC Hardtail

The new Banshee Viento is the ultimate versatile all mountain hardtail. Constructed with new custom lightweight ½ RAD tube set, the Viento’s chassis is light and solid for blasting through rocky sections and exclusive internally ribbed seat and chain stays deliver the power to the ground with authority.

[Jun 17, 2012]
dleal

Strength:

Agility, stiffness, stability, speed.

Lighter front end on the uphills.

I'm easing into this bike - so far the only disappointment is that it leaves no room for excuses. It goes where I point it, I'm taking lines I wouldn't have before, and it wants me to sprint. It's really fun to ride & provides a solid transfer of power from pedals to the dirt. It makes me happy and looks pretty good too.

[May 08, 2012]
Tony

Strength:

rock solid

paint job is $hitty

have reviewed this bike before but wanted to write one more cause i weight 250lbs and have beat on this thing and it's still going strong. wish the original paint wouldn't have chipped so fast because it was a beautiful frame with a bought it with the black chrome color but oh well it's all go and no show otherwise it gets 5 chilis

[Apr 21, 2011]
Helmetless

Strength:

Strong, really stiff, great details in every way, lightweight for what it is and for the purpose it is built for.

-a bit pricey (I bought mine second-hand)
-I would have preferred a 3-4º difference between seatpost and headset angles. Too much "effective top tube" effect.

It is built for something more on the Trail/All Mountain side... This is not the typical XC frame. It reminds me in some way the Santacruz Chameleon, although this frame takes full advantage of the cockpit space and minimizes the rest, thanks to the extra large (a bit exagerated) effective top tube measure. axle to axle distance is minimal at the same time, so this bike has much to do with catwalks (wheelies), little jumps but aggresive XC climbing ability as well.

I am keeping it forever.

nothing like this -there is nothing like this

[Feb 01, 2011]
JayneEm

Strength:

Responsive and tough. Feels like a mini DH bike on the corners, but also climbs like a light weight XC bike.

Could be a bit stiff for longer enduro rides.

The maiden voyage of the Viento was very enjoyable! It was stiff on the rear, so any small lips or jumps it easily launched. Landings were not as rough as I expected (being a hardtail). Cornering it felt like a DH bike. I don’t have wide bars on it, but it just felt great and tracked well on the corners. Could be the length of the bike and the rake of the forks I’m not sure.
It climbed surprisingly well. I’m used to riding carbon XC bikes, and I thought this may impact on its climbing ability. But when I cranked the pedals over it immediately responded and took off.

Scott Scale 20

[Dec 02, 2010]
jonny mischief

Strength:

super stiff, tough, confidence inspiring hardtail. a real weapon in the right hands

front mech cable stop points in the wrong direction for shimano xt. still works ok, but looks a bit suspect.

great frame. mine set up for all day epics on the surrey hills, unwind the u-turn for welsh rocky downhills. i went a size smaller and run a medium (6ft tall rider) for a super chuckable ride, can still hit up the dirtjumps on the way home. the ultimate all rounder.

stumpjumper m4 / m5, cotic soda, orange e3, pace rc100, santa cruz chameleon

[May 11, 2010]
Moodrid

Strength:

Perfect geometry,built tuff,climbs GREAT front and rear wheels stay glued to the trail,absorbs hits great for a hardtail,handles corners good,good looking.

I got the mercury finish and it looks really good but it does chip easy.But thats the only thing I have found and that is the same on a lot of bikes.

I am very happy with it and would buy it again.I contacted Banshee about the size and got great service help.

Jamis Komodo,Trek 4500.

[Apr 14, 2010]
mike_d_1583

Strength:

Excellent construction, great attention to detail, welds are awesome. Love the S-bend seatstays. I run 2.35 tires and still have plenty of room. Dropouts are extra strong. Holds a straight line like no other and climbs like a beast.

none really except the cable guide for the front derailleur is pointed in an odd way, but this has no effect on performance. Seatpost diameter is misprinted on the website but they include a quality seatpost.

Had this bike a week, and already put about 100 miles on it. 50 on and 50 off road. This bikes corners like crazy, just point it where you want to go and it follows. I noticed it's easier to wheelie and straight line ride because it's so balanced. It was ready to build up out of the box, no need to face the BB, just some grease. This frame enabled me to finally climb a huge hill, (on platform pedals) that I couldn't do on my Hardrock. It's a climbing machine, and that's with my AM setup weighing in at 32lbs. I'm sure I could get it down to 24 with a lighter fork and lighter wheels. The paint job is sick, I got the black anodized and no chips or scratches yet, maybe the other guy shouldn't "throw" it in the trunk and respect it. If you can afford it, BUY IT!!! No regrets!

Specialized Hardrock. 2004, 2009

[Aug 05, 2009]
snowdrifter

Strength:

All around, great frame, looks great (see weakness) ride great. So far as other reviews it seems strong.

paint job (I have the black chrome) chips very easily.

for the price it's a great buy and I'd highly recommend it but you have to be careful for the paint job. Wish I'd known how easy the paint chipped before I tossed it in the trunk. By comparison my Intense 6.6 has been knocked around 10X more and is barely scratched.

GT Zaskar LE, American ELF

[Jun 18, 2009]
Dazed

Strength:

Good price, very stiff frame, tracks very good, great paint job, solid and reasonably light. Good clearance everywhere, and all threads/faces were good straight out of the box. Nice susprise that it comes with a seatpost. Ample tire clearence.

None yet. It's a pretty basic hardtail design, so there's not much to do wrong. The only thing is that I can't understand why the right chainstay isn't painted.

I wanted an "XC" bike with a slightly less agressive geometry and riding position than an ordinary racing hardtail, and I needed a stiff and durable bike for a 220 pound rider. This is spot on! Great bike! And VERY versatile. This is one "do it all" bike. Takes me back to the time when there were no "subcategories" to "mountain bikes", and a "mountain bike" was just a bike for riding off road that you could take absolutely anywhere. The Viento is such a bike. I couldn't be happier.

Assorted "norba geometry" XC frames and FS trail bikes, but nothing quite like this.

[Apr 16, 2009]
willem3

Strength:

Stiff, strong very high quality frame. Superb finish (anodized Black in my case). The Geometry allows for a longer travel fork (130mm in my case). Rides like a dream...truly point and shoot... Great climber...and superb on the downhill...Not the lightest XC frame, but it is more of an All Mountain Hardtail. I don't miss my full suspension one bit.

None thus far....If it were lighter, it would not be as strong...

Bullet Proof...Point and shoot...Superb!

Ventana Frames, Jamis, etc....