Azonic AZ-7 XC Hardtail

• Disk brake only
  • Lighter & stronger than traditional aluminum frames

[Dec 03, 2011]
Baderass

Strength:

Light weight for a metal frame. Same weight as carbon! WOW. Lively like steel frames, but compliant in the rear. ie, wont hurt your arse

Headtube diameter. Can NOT use a zero stack or semi-integrated headset. Front gusset could've been a bit bigger

I can never get over how light this frame is. I was a little scared of it at first, cuz I thought I would destroy it. I ride aggresive XC... Well, I ride outside the envelope of everything I swing a leg over. So far the frame has held up beautifuly. No brake squeel from the seatstay, and oh yeah... ITS INCREDIBLY LIGHT WEIGHT!!! 22 lbs as spec'd. A little flex in the rear, so it doesn't beat the crap out your butt.

Yes this frame does have a little lateral flex. VERY little, not enough to speak of really, but I'm a stickler for the truth.

Only thing I don't like is the head tube size. Only good for traditional headset. No integrated or semi-integrated. Oh well.

OLD 1997 Specialized A-1 Comp

[Mar 20, 2010]
cam cunneen

Strength:

very strong,and light!!!

The bike is awsome!!!It weighs 18.5 pounds......

PZ,Raceing

[Oct 03, 2009]
ian malcolm

Strength:

lightweight.

the back of the frame wont stop vibrating loudly since i put avid juicy fives on it 3 months ago, it didnt do this when i had xt disc brakes?????

why is the frame vibrating so loudly??? can anyone help me with this issue as this is very annoying since i paid alot of money for it.its come to the point where i wont use the rear brakes,cause the vibrating is so loud??

[May 22, 2009]
migs647

Strength:

Light as hell, stronger than you can imagine. If I didn't know any better I'd say this was carbon fiber... that's how light this frame is. The first time I picked it up I started laughing.

NONE

If you can find this frame... I am telling you to jump on it. Don't even think about it. If you have the money get it. Even if you have a complete bike and see this frame, get it. You won't regret it.

..... a little birdy tells me this frame might be coming back to the market.... keep your eyes open.

Other hardtails...

[Feb 25, 2009]
stsdroog

Strength:

Super light! Super Stiff!

none so far

I was a bit nervous to get this frame with the limited amount of information about it online. I found it on ebay for 200 with 20 shipping and jumped on it. Man am I ever glad that i did! This frame is worth well beyond what i paid for it! I still can't figure out why there isn't very much info on this frame out here on the web or why more people aren't building this up as a light weight XC bike. Final weight on my build is just at 20 lbs.

giant XTC

[Dec 14, 2008]
Freemtnrider

Strength:

Light, 2.92 on my scale(18.5). Stiff, real stiff. Unbelievable power transfer and acceleration. Flat anodizing looks killer and eliminates the need to face the HT and BB before installation.

If your not a racer this may be too stiff for you. I found a burr in side the seat tube below where I could feel with my fingers so, I wrecked the first seat post I used. good thing i didn't install a carbon post first. Some filing took care of it.

I was looking for a new bike to race for the 09' season and pulled the trigger on the AZ-7. This frame is all business and business is good! no fender or rack eyelets or even V-brake studs on this rocket so it wont be mistaken for a big brand all in one frame. I've pounded this bike through rock gardens that I do on DH rigs and gotten it up to 42mph on gnarly shale downhills and its not the least bit twitchy. Its so much stiffer and lighter than any AL frame I have ridden. As stiff as carbon but still has that lively feel of a metal frame. However, I cant help but wonder, would be less harsh if it had s-bend seat stays? I was blown away at how fast it gets up to speed. The geometry is just right for racing and does great climbing. I've tried both 80 and 100mm settings on a u-turn reba and the 100mm seems to give it the best angles. This is the only XC bike I have considered upgrading to a 7inch front rotor which tells me I must be carrying much more speed than on other bikes. Very flick-able, it rolls over in turns nicely though lately I've been wanting a larger front tire to keep from pushing but thats probably the tire and not the frame. You simply cant beat this frame and no other XC frames out there look as bad ass, I mean, its got a skull on the HT!

Any 6000 or 7000 series AL frames and Carbon frames.

[Dec 06, 2008]
Madmtber

Strength:

Extremely light and a great Price!

This frame is extremely light and extremely tough and strong!!!!! i absolutely love this frame.i would definately buy this frame again, its worth every penny and so much more!

[May 31, 2007]
Adam George

Looks good so far..
3.025 Lbs (1372g) on my postal scale for a 18.5" with replaceable hanger and plastic hose guide clips. (close enough to the claimed 2.9 I guess)
It has just enough tire clearance to clear a Continental Diesel 2.5 (measuring 2.4" wide on a Sun Single Track rim)

[Mar 21, 2007]
Brian

Strength:

SUPER light!, strong, cool look

only 2 sizes

This is a friggen amazing bike! its a prototype, but we bought it from azonic, and i LOVE it! it weighs around 23-24 lbs, and accelerates like a rocket! the first race i had, i was on my old bike, and i got 22nd place, and then the second race, i had this and i got 7th place! this bike is the best xc bike ive ever had! get it

azonic evo, and others

[Mar 25, 2008]
Steve

Strength:

Awsome frame for the bucks. Light - the 18.5 was only slightly heavier than the advertised price (weighing it on my works postal/shipping scales).

None so far

I really like this frame - I'm 5'8 with a 31 inseam and the 18.5 frame fits me great. I use a 100mm Reba on it and the geometry makes for a great fun single track bike. I've been really impressed with this frame and I've put it through a pounding including stuff that I should only be doing on my dually. It just feels really responsive, fast, controllable, comfortable - not really sure to sum it up - but I'm spending more time on this bike than any of my others.
I'm very glad I choose this frame for my build! If I ever manage to break it doing the stupid stuff I'm doing on it, I would not hesitate to buy another one - for the fun I've already had on it - worth every cent!