Trek 6700 WSD Womens

You're ready—for longer days on the bike, for tougher challenges on the trail, for the next class up at the race.

• Frame: WSD Alpha Black Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, twin taper down tube w/integrated gusset, formed butted top tube, bridgeless seatstay, forged dropouts w/rack & fender mounts, replaceable derailleur hanger
  • Front Suspension: RockShox Recon Gold Air w/rebound, remote lockout, alloy steerer, 100mm travel
  • Wheels: Shimano alloy M525 hubs; Bontrager Ranger 32-hole rims
  • Shifters: Shimano SLX, 10 speed

Jen   Cross Country Rider [Jul 12, 2007]
Strength:

The blue color is awesome! My husband says the components are good.

I've taken the bike out on the trails once and the Bontrager Jones AC tires weren't the best - the tires couldn't shed the mud very well. Other than that, I haven't found anything wrong but I've only had the bike for one week.

Will post again soon.....

Similar Products Used: Diamondback - steel frame
Stephanie Warkotsch   Weekend Warrior [Feb 16, 2006]
Strength:

Solid well built frame and well matched components. Great brakes and seat/handle bar position for me. Fantastic color!!

Painted frame not anodised. I love the color but it will get stone chips.

Well built and spec'd. A "real" mountain bike designed for girls with specific geometry that suits week end bike pathers to serious XC race gals. Good running gear that will last and still has the BLING factor!!

Similar Products Used: Mongoos somthing or other dad got me?
Shari Crowley   Weekend Warrior [May 11, 2006]
Strength:

Good geometry and components. The short reach of the WSD breaks are great for a woman's smaller hands. I love the paint job.

The seat isn't the most comfortable. I may swap it out for a Terry Butterfly in pink.

I love this bike. The color is the initial reason for buying the bike, but the ride is awesome. I am glad to see Trek paint a bike something other than red, blue, or silver. The pink is fun. I would recommend this bike to both beginners and experienced riders. Also, get the matching helmet from Bell--Pink and gray with little flowers. Who cares if no one takes you seriously, the goal is to have fun.

Similar Products Used: Schwinn Merada Sport, Kona Blast
lindsay   Cross Country Rider [Oct 10, 2006]
Strength:

this is a great bike for someone who is ready to line up for their first xc race! the geometry is fantastic and the components are competitive. the hayes hydraulic disc brakes are a great value-added component...and the color, well, i've finally accepted the fact that i ride a pink bike.

the rockshox 318 tora is a pig, weighing in at nearly 4.5 lbs. , but does perform well for the money. the saddle is also extremely uncomfortable for me. even with the short reach brake levers i still have a hard time reaching them - even after multiple adjustments.

for the money, this bike is kickin'! but i'll be much more happy with it come spring when it has new wheels and a new fork.