Trek 1999 6500 Womens

1999 Trek 6500 Ladies, mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, Rock Shox Jett XC, 2.5" travel fork

Mary G.   Weekend Warrior [Aug 04, 1999]
Strength:

Climbs great. Stiff and responsive. Great fit and feel.

None I've experienced.

Awesome bike. I am riding much more often now and can't wait to get out again! Love the Dragonfly Orange color.

Tracy   Cross Country Rider [Mar 22, 2001]
Strength:

Frame Geometry, After the first ten feet I said WOW! Great for a woman with shorter reach etc... Responsive, Awesome climber, my orange bike is too cool.

no shift indicators.

This bike is awesome. When Trek says it is designed for women, they mean it. I am 37 years old, so I'm not the springest chicken on the trails, but this bike lets me ride like I am. This bike is fast, responsive, handles fast trails and technical trails. This bike never lets me down. I've rode this bike for two years, and you couldn't give me another bike(unless of course it was this year's model)Nay maybe not, it wouldn't be that spectacular dragonfly orange.

Similar Products Used: tested Raleigh M800, Raleigh, Giant, Specialed full-suspensions.
mountainbike mama2   Weekend Warrior [Oct 04, 2000]
Strength:

Great set up for a girl!! Easy to toss around on the trails.
VERY COOL COLOR. Dragonfly organge!

Front Derailleur like to jump down to little ring when going over bumps. Flat bars make you lean too much.

Great bike!!!! Fun to ride.

Similar Products Used: old trek antalope 800-no suspn.
ed   Weekend Warrior [Sep 03, 1999]
Strength:

kool frame feels better than bokes bike for jumps n stuff

lx shifters would have been nicer...

Kool bike for the smaller rider.

Similar Products Used: specilized rockhopper A1 FS
Downhill Dude   Racer [Aug 21, 1999]
Strength:

Stiff frame very responsive.

The Saddle. I don't want to gross you out but just honest, it gave me vaginal brusing it was so hard. This took me off of the racing circuit for a while.

Except for the vagina destroying saddle a great overall bike.

Similar Products Used: Trek 7000
Kathy   Weekend Warrior [Apr 25, 1999]
Strength:

This bike fits my 5' frame perfectly. This is my 3rd Mt. Bike, my 2nd Trek and I will ride this on the road and some easy trails. I sit more upright than my first two bikes.

I love this bike. My only problem is not having enough time to ride!

Similar Products Used: None really, I even ordered this without even trying it first! I wondered for a week if I did the right thing and after sitting on it for 5 seconds I knew I made the right decision.
Holly   Weekend Warrior [Mar 22, 1999]

Although I have only had this bike for a short time, I really like it. I test rode some cheaper bikes like the Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, but they felt very unstable. They didn't shift well, and they didn't feel solid. I decided that it was best for me to spend the extra cash and get the better bike. I am also pretty small (5'4), so I was very concerned about getting a bike with a good fit. Trek does a good job at fitting this bike to my smaller female frame. To me, fit is everything. When I ride this bike, I feel as if I am controlling the bike rather than it controlling me. I highly recommend this bike to any female who is small of stature and looking for a good beginning mountain bike.

Broken Rider   Weekend Warrior [Mar 14, 1999]

Test rode this bike for an hour, over all this was a great bike for the price. Top cross tubes shorter length made for a very comfortable ride, both on the wrists and back. Great for those of us with long legs and a shorter torso.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Rockhopper A1 Comp FS and RH A1 FS, Trek 7000
Cargo Girl   Weekend Warrior [Jun 25, 2000]
Strength:

Frame size and strength. Front suspension.

Uncomfortable seat and stock pedals.

I don't have any complaints about my 1999 6500 WSD. It's a tough little bike that fits female and smaller male riders perfectly!

My bike has withstood alot of tough rides over the past year (They don't call New Hampshire the "Granite State" for nothing!), and it's still going strong.

The only suggestion I'd make, is to grab a pair of good clipless pedals for this bike, then go out and ride and enjoy!