KHS Tandemania Alite Tandem

KHS Tandemania Alite Tandem

[Mar 31, 2006]
Thomas Peters

Strength:

Overbuilt frame, Skid-wobble free, Double-chain primary drive (designed by Kevin Ng of TS Cycles) allows for powered 'captain-only' rides - 74% head tube allows for comfy upright city riding - telescopic stoker-stem keeps stoker at a comfy distance with captain's bum . 52t crank achieves speeds up to 50mph whilst grunting.

Primary drive chain tensioner cam unreliable - needs to be loctite'd periodically (Kevin's baffled but he's working on it) - No other issues for now - It's been 10 years and lots of miles.

Comfy and natural and feels instantly at home beneath you and stoker. It almost feels like a single on 'captain-only' rides. Skid and wag-free due to the overbuilt frame. Locking the rear on asphalt descents is a small thrill but descending gravel is where this limo shines. The 40spk Suns are unbreakable but they howl under heavy breaking. Jed's right - it's definitely a tool for couples. I got my wife Jan safely into biking through tandeming and nothing beats the idle banter with your riding partner without shouting on top of your lungs or using a Talkabout.

Softride

[Jul 18, 2007]
Marcus B

Strength:

Lightweight alum frame, 40 spoke wheels bug hub double wall eyelet wheels, xt rear derailer all stock parts

Not a smoth as the steel tandom I have riden captian wheel to foot clearance not as mutch as a moutain bike should have
Stock rear seatpost not tall enough. handle bars only 21 inches wide. front brake had a rubber power modulater that killed its stopping power

This bike is a great tandom for people wo ride both paved and unpaved roads change to a wider tires for a more stable feeling. me and my wife love how close this bike brought us together. If you can paddle a canoe with out killing each other you can ride a tandom. you have to be able to speak with each other to ride not just with words but will your actions
Give the stoker a camra to take some pics. go fishing go camping just ride it to the store and people will be out looking at you bike saying that is the coolest bike they ever saw. But if you are not sure about it borrow one for a weekend
I load this thing evertime we go camping people will aways wave at a tandom team

custom made santa cruz cro moly tamdom (bicycle shop owners own tandom loan to me and my wife for a 2 week time . we put 200 miles on this bike in two weeks we had to have our own

[Sep 11, 2006]
Murilo de Carvalho
Downhiller

Strength:

For the price is a very nice machine. The frame is the most important thing and KHS is a good option. Understand, in Brazil hardware is more difficult to add than other countries.

some weak parts should be changed as i did.

if you want to have fun with a girl or a friend this is one good choice. the changes what i did change this tsndem to a mountain bike!

one SPECIALIZED MMatrix tandem

[May 19, 2005]
Jed

Strength:

Decent components. Reasonably light. As a tandem, it's FAST!!

Frame stiffness, but only when riding hard. As we get better at riding, we are able to keep in better sync, making the stiffness much less noticable.

First Tandem, but now I (and my girlfriend) love tandeming. I can't quite understand why EVERY couple does not have a tandem. It's brought us closer together and we ride a lot more. I was a serious rider, she was not. Now we both are and we can stay together on our rides. Of the beginner tandems, I'd say this is one of the better ones. It's a great bike to start out tandeming on if you're not sure about it.

None.