Cannondale Mountain Tandem Tandem

Chris Thomasel   Weekend Warrior [Sep 06, 2004]
Strength:

This bike looks fantastic. We ALWAYS get compliments when we ride anywhere. People actually stop us to ask where we got it and for how much. They are usually turned off by the price, but not surprised by it. Asthetics aside, the bike flies on level ground and downhills, and is very light. Under 40 lbs. with accessories. The Avid ball-bearing disc brakes stop really well even shooting downhill. In case you don't know this, regular brakes under the same circumstances will (can) heat the rim and blow the tire. This is not good for you and your whomever.

We haven't run into any weaknesses yet, except that it rides like a rock, but that is to be expected from a bike with no suspension. My full-suspension Specialized spoiled me, I guess. Oh, the stoker seatpost has stiction. Big deal.

We absolutely love this bike. I would like to get a full-suspension Ventana, but $4500 is too high for such an unnecessary upgrade.

Similar Products Used: Test-rode a Raleigh. Junk. Brakes wouldn't even stop us! I guess it's good for $600 bucks, but consider your wife's life, and then the extra money is nothing.
OVERALL