Kona A Singlespeed

Kona 7005 Aluminum Butted Tubing
16", 18", 20"

[Mar 19, 2006]
Ed

Strength:

strong, light , fun

none yet

Bike is awesome. Got an xtra set of slicks for street - light enough for long rides on street and dirt - takes all the abuse you can hand out..

OVERALL
[Nov 24, 2006]
Rob Vallee

Strength:

Strong, Good looks, Singlespeed without a chain tensioner, Versatility, 4 bar linkage

Heavier than a cross country race rig

This review is for a 2006 model. This bike has been everything I expected and more. I have used this bike as a single speed as well as a fully geared bike. Its a lot of fun to ride a full suspension single speed, with the fox RP3, you put it in heavy propedal, and climb like a champ, in or out of the saddle. The versatility is amazing, if you like to change it up, you can run this frame with or without gears, and you can use disks, or v- brakes. The kona 4 bar linkage is super strong, I had a Giant VT-1 before this bike, and this rear end is much stiffer, and feels under control on or off the ground. With 4 inches of rear travel, this bike descends quite well, I thought I would miss the 5 inches that my last bike had, but I have decided that 4 inches is plenty for all the riding I do. This bike attracts a lot of attention from anyone that realises what it is. The rear end has enough clearence to run 2.5" tires.5 Chilies for value, you get a lot of bike for the price, and 5 chilies overall, for versatility, and strong Kona design.