DeKerf Solitaire Singlespeed

You've had them all, hardtail, XC full suspension, downhill. You've reached that Zen point of being a cyclist where all you want is the purest cycling experience you can get. Own a Dekerf Solitaire and you'll have it. Similar to the reputation defining Team 853, the Solitaire could be described as the core under the frame. Accurately, and beautifully assembled Reynolds 853 tubes, Dekerf trademark design wishbone rear end, one gear, and you. We can build the frame with horizontal dropouts or eccentric BB. Disc or V-brakes are also your choice as is a paint palate only limited by your imagination. The true and pure 'ride of steel' experience, without the distraction of gears, pivots or hype. Namaste.

Dekerfrider   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2011]
Strength:

Simple, clean lines. A brand only known by those in the know. Beautiful tangerine metallic orange paint.

Beautiful tangerine metallic orange paint chips easily so buy lots of helitape!

Sometimes simple really is beautiful. I had always been frustrated with gears and their high maintenance neediness. Now riding SS (or occasionally with a Rohloff internal geared hub) I am actually loving my infrequent singletrack expeditions.

Perhaps not a bling as Reynolds 853, my Reynolds 725 frame does the job buy maybe lacks a bit of 'zing' off the line so would award only four chilis if there was a 'performance' rating as a result.

But, to be honest, I also lack a bit of 'zing' these days too so it's a bike that I will never sell - we have had great times and I expect to have many more. That's got to be worth five big ones!