Brodie 1-Ball Singlespeed

The Brodie One Ball is one of those delightfully quirky numbers the product guy dreams up while he tries to come up with a social life. One speed, though a dropout is included if you want to BE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE and run a derailleur and a cogset. Disc brakes and a suspended front end are tied together with a sweet riding aluminum frame, and that's it.

No gears or shifters to worry about, no cables to try and keep functional during the misery of the winter months. It's just you and the bike and whatever chainring and cog combo your barking mad psyche decides are appropriate. In the end it's about one gear and three speeds: Fast, slow and pushing. Are you up for it?

YaMon   Weekend Warrior [Dec 17, 2006]

Components are bomb proof. Quick handling and super strong.

I can't think of any.

I love this bike. Keep in mind that I have a Ellsworth Dare. I have not ridden the Dare since I got this. $500 and in perfect condition, what a deal !!!!!! This has got to have been the buy of the century. The bike is FAST and handles very well, takes all the jumps without any problems.

Similar Products Used: First SS. However, this is built more as a freeride version. Most I have seen are more XC oriented. Not to many SS are setup like this.