Marin Pine Mountain 1 Plus bikes

Marin Pine Mountain 1 Plus bikes

The Pine Mountain series is taking hardtail trail riding to the next level with plus-sized, tubeless-ready 27.5+ tires that roll fast and grip anything. Choose between Columbus Thron tubing, locking Naild thru-axles, front suspension and a dropper post with the Pine Mountain 2 or the classic fully rigid butted CrMo Pine Mountain 1 and go places you didn't think a hardtail could. Aggressive trail geometry, plus-sized tires and wide-range 1 x 10 drivetrains make the bikes capable of climbing figurative walls, and ripping literal downhills. It only took us 30 years of trail riding to create the 2016 Pine Mountain, enjoy a ride like none other.

[Jan 27, 2018]
bachman1961

Strength:

Solid and stable on all surfaces, got this to run everything in and near Col Springs year round. Kept as tubed tires for now and have experienced a lot of terrain including snow in just under 1yr ownership. Mine is the satin red PMO and the new one is blue I believe. Brakes, gearing and 1x11 is perfect and simple. I felt the fork and all components were of good value / quality at this price point.

I have not experienced any drawbacks or regrets. My type of adventure and riding fits well with a good h/t and I knew full/sus was going to be wasted money for my needs or expectations. If you know a h/t will do the trick, you won't find many better options unless you want to drop $1800 and up. I had it in for a free 60 day check/tune and all I asked was they re-bleed the rear brake as it was a bit more lever-travel. Been fine since then.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
OVERALL
[Feb 21, 2017]
Bryan

Strength:

Just picked up my 2017 Pine Mountain One from Classcycles in Novato over the weekend. Did a 2 hour ride around town since the Norcal rain has finally arrived. Great ride so far cant wait to take it on real dirt trails this spring. The gusseted 4130 steel frame seems to be really well built. I was amazed with how light the wheel set was even with the 2.9" Nobby Nick's tires so that will help get it up to speed for sure!
Bottom line: I cant wait to take it to Downieville and ride with my long travel buddies...

It is kinda heavy, but so am I so its a perfect fit. I am no weight weenie for sure and once you get on it you don't notice the weight. The 1x11 drivetrain spins out on the flats so I might upgrade the front chainring from a 32t to a 36t or 34t ring but that will be my only change. (I think)
Brakes howled under hard braking at first but now they are almost broken in and they are quiet.

If you can find one, ride one before buying the Specialized or Cannondale offerings in this price range.
Its a very "Old School" geometry from back when riders had one bike to do it all. Steel is Real! My dealer had to order it just so I could test ride it and it was worth the wait!