Marin Bay View Trail Kids

Marin Bayview Trail 24" '11. With the same attention to detail as Marin's adult line, these little bikes pack a big punch. Lightweight construction and components make it easy for younger riders to keep up with mom and dad.

tvdantv   Weekend Warrior [Sep 18, 2008]
Strength:

It has 21 gears, it's almost unbreakable, and it has excellent trigger shifters! Beautiful paint job on the Brick Red. Quick release axles. Comfortable ride. Rides fast!!

However, it does have ONE weakness. The peddles are... uh... plastic. OK. I said it. Other than that, everything's perfect!

This is the sturdiest bike I've ridden! I'm 9 years old and it's perfect for me. My dad takes me riding on rail-trails and some mtb'ing. My dad shopped for a realy long time and picked this one because "it was the best value".

Similar Products Used: K2 Aphrode
OVERALL
David Hegg   Weekend Warrior [May 09, 2008]
Strength:

weight, frame, component quality

the front dérailleur is difficult to operate for kid hands.

My kids have a lot of friends that ride bikes with them. When they show up at the house, I compare their bikes to the Marin and I have not seen a single one in the crop that is as light and well built as the bayview trail. These are all bike shop quality bikes, not Walmart bikes....but the Marin is like a mountain bike, just small. The others have gimmicky designs, geometry, adjustable stems, cranks, etc. All these gimmicky things made the competitions bikes seem heavy and clunky. Some of them weigh more than my early 90s XL Schwinn.

Similar Products Used: We tried every kid bike in the local area before buying the Marin. Gary Fisher, Specialized, Scott, Trek, etc.
OVERALL