Glide Bikes Go Glider Kids

Glide Bikes Go Glider Kids

For bigger kids ages 6 thru 9, the Go Glider with 16" wheel provides hours of riding for both the experienced rider and the beginner! See Them In Action!

• High quality ballbearing headset and steering limiter for smoother steering, safer riding and longer life.

• Adjustable BMX style handlebars for an upright ergonomic seating position that grows with your child.

• Alloy quick release seat clamp for tool-less seat adjustments.

• Engineered ergonomic seat to ensure riding comfort and proper posture.

• Air-free EVA Foam Tires -- say goodbye to flats and pumping.

• This is a high quality product that will last. Designed in the USA and modeld after our handmade PV Glider the first U.S. made balance bike and the first to use foot pegs!

•The Mini Glider and Go Glider are made out of high quality Alloy.

• The Mini Glider weighs only 8lbs and the Go Glider weighs only 10lbs. Both are finished off in durable colorful metallic paint.

• Lifetime Warranty.

• Superior Customer Service.

[Jan 11, 2012]
shastagorge

Strength:

Interesting idea for how to get kids introduced to learning how to ride a bike. I'm an advocate of getting kids and adults to learning how to ride.

I got this bike to try out another balance bike for my second child who wanted a pink colored bike. Poor quality of bike. It may have just been an unlucky batch my bike came from, but some parts were missing and seeing the bike in person was quite a let down.

Poor quality, so I wouldn't recommend it to future buyers. It seems that other reviewers had good input on this bike and were lucky to have a bike that was in good shape. But for some reason I was unlucky to get a bad bike. Even though if it was in great shape, I still prefer the Kazam balance bike over this one. Those who are fine with a semi-tacky looking bike can consider buying this, but those looking for a more reliable and fun bike, choose some other brand like Kazam. My kids now both ride the Kazam.

The Kazam balance bike

[Mar 16, 2009]
Lawrie Bolger

Strength:

Great learning bike; good stability; easy to use; safe; foot pegs; my 8 year old loves it and wants to ride it all the time, even though she can ride a tradititonal bike now.

Love the Go Glider! Highly recommend it and the Mini Glider to all parents for a no training wheels, no tears, great way to learn how to ride a bike! Kids love to glide!

[Mar 08, 2009]
Clint

Strength:

Very lightweight and looks good. Looks to be built well with aluminum frame and is easily adjustable. Kids from 2-7 can easily use this.

I was fortunate enough to have friends who loaned this to us to try for our children. The bike was super light and my kids felt very secure using this bike. They were learning how to focus on balancing down the driveway and in the sidewalk. My kids were very confident on these gliders as they were already comfortable using their Razor. I had to say, afer 3 days, both my children were riding their bikes with out their training wheels. The funny thing is that they like to switch between their bikes and the glider. If our friend's didn't have one to loan us, I'd definetely would have considered buying one.

Just regular kid bike with training wheels

[Nov 13, 2008]
2melow

Strength:

Foot pegs, foot pegs, foot pegs

These didn't exist 30 years ago when I learned to ride.

I got one of these for my son over 2 years ago when they had the PVC version, and I ended up getting this newer style for my daughter. This was a gift to my son on his 3rd birthday, he picked this up literally in 5 minutes. Kind of like a duckling to water - he was riding a 12" bike two weeks after his 3rd birthday and NEVER had training wheels.

What I believe makes this glider superior is the PV Glider is the only one I've seen with foot pegs/foot rest IN FRONT OF the saddle. We have a friend who's little girl has another type with some grip tape mounted to the cross members under the saddle and behind a bit and she wiped out really bad. Seems it's not as stable at speed, the kid's lean too far forward. This version is patented and honestly really a good design. I posted some pics a few years ago here :
My son is almost 4.5 now and tearing it up on the BMX track...and I honestly think this bike has had a huge part of his quick riding at such a young age. Highly suggest this product, perfect Birthday or Christmas present!

[Nov 10, 2008]
muddyh2o

Strength:

For a learning tool designed for children it is very high quality. Most stuff out there is throw away crap. I tested this out prior to letting my son use it and it supported me @ 185 lbs. with no problem. I will be able to pass it down to my daughter next. Great tool for balance and confidence building.

I recommend this bike for children who are just learning to ride or kids who lack the confidence or just seem to fall a lot. Toss the training wheels. They are tipsy and dangerous. The Glide Bike is much more stable and has a lower center of gravity.

Deptartment store junk.Really not similar at all.You can see a big difference in the welds alone.

[Oct 28, 2008]
Cindy B

Strength:

Safe learning device for children, great design, comfortable, and easily meneuverable My older child (at age 5) learned to ride and balance with in two hours. My younger child played with it not stop and learned to ride by 2 1/2.

Buy this if you want to have a confident rider with no injuries. It is fun toy, as well as a great learning device. This was my kids favorite toy for a long time!

[Oct 25, 2008]
rideinflorida

Strength:

Light weight, alum. frame, great paint colors, adjustable to fit 2-5 year olds.

This bike helped my 3 year old daughter learn to ride her two wheeler bike after only 2-weeks of useing the glide bike. Because the bike is so light (her princess 10" training wheeled bike is almost 15 pounds) and the geometry is relaxed, my daugher and other kids in the neighborhood were able to ride the glide bike with confidence. I have loaned this bike to several of my friends who's children had not learned to ride a two wheeled bike, and they all had similar results, within days thier children were up and riding a 2-wheeler. My daugher still likes to ride her glide bike and will not let me sell it to loan it out for too long. It is a great product and well worth the investment.

[Oct 25, 2008]
sirbikesalot

Strength:

Lightweight, doesn't rust, has a real headset and seat QR. Good geometry for learning. Tires you never need to pump up.

None.

This push bike was designed by a downhill mountain biker who understands bike geometry. Look at most kids bikes. They have steep head angles and seats that are way forward, throwing off their center of gravity. The PV Glider has a slack head angle and the seat sits back nearly over the rear wheel. Kids feel safer and more stable and therefore learn quickly. My son learned how to balance on a special modified version when he was just 1 year old. Now he is a pro at 3 and can ride a regular bike, but he still loves riding his glider. Compare the PV Glider design to the others - this is the Cadillac of kids bikes with a real headset and seat QR and ideal geometry for learning. It is well worth the dollar investment to see your kid learn all on his own. Outstanding, well thought-out product. Very highly recommended.

Most kids bikes have wack geometry and are not conducive to learning to balance.

[Oct 22, 2008]
gretchen

Strength:

Excellent quality. Smooth ride. Light weight. Easy for child to maneuver. Great for small/young children and bigger/school aged children.

I am very happy with our glider. I have not been able to keep my children off of it since we got it. The bike fits my 3 yr old and 5 yr old. It's size and weight makes it easy for them to maneuver. Within days I saw their balance improve. I highly recommend this glider.