Diamondback Octane 24 Kids

Diamondback Octane 24 Kids

When your little one grows out ofTheir 20” bike,The 24” Octane isThe wayTo go. The heat Treated frame will stand upToTrials of childhood.The 40mm suspension fork will make going riding much more fun.There is just enough suspensionTo ride onThe fire roads.The Octane 24 has both front and rear shifting. Your child will learn how/ whenTo shift.They’ll be ableTo ride faster and more efficiently. Technical Specifications: Size 24” Boys/ Girls Frame DB

[Dec 07, 2010]
JAG11

Strength:

Light. Great on single track. Fork works as it's designed. The seat is the great. The pedals grip well. The front suspension works good for smaller gaps and shorter drops.

My wrists hurt when I jump large spans (10+ feet) and ride over rocky ground. The brakes aren't very responsive. It needs knobbier tires when riding on loose rocks or gravel.

Note: I weigh 80 lbs. I've ridden with my dad and brother at Schweitzer Mountain in Sandpoint, Idaho, and Deer Valley in Park City, UT.
This is a great bike for beginners who are interested in cross country.

None. This is the first bike I've ridden that came from a bike store.

[Jul 30, 2009]
Kieran

Strength:

Wheels,Body,spokes and the brakes are the best.

none so far

The Bottom line is this a good bike for a kid 9 to 13 yrs old. This is a very good mtn bike also. NOT for harcore mtn biking. For Medium trails.
[DIAMOND BACK OCTANE 24]

bmx mongoose,Roadmaster mtn bike

[Feb 04, 2009]
elfatdiablo

Strength:

Nice bike for the beginner kid that wants a fully functioning bike but a smaller size.

Cheap v-brakes. Have the shop true the wheels before picking up a new purchase

Great all around mountain bike for the smaller kid or person that is not ready for a 26"wheeled bike yet. Great bang for the buck. Better than a Wally World Bike that was put together by a putz with a van and some pliers!

Haro, Felt, GT, Redline

[Jul 30, 2007]
Greg Rach

Strength:

Frame finally fell apart so I can throw it out and look for something that works

horrible bike, bought for my daughter who really loves to ride. She weighs 55 pounds and the bike is close to 30. That is like me riding a bike that weighs 85 pounds. Every component has broken and there are little to no replacement parts. I always have to use full size bike parts. Shock is a joke and is actually dangerous, it bottoms out of the smallest drop even with her weight. Plastic pedals were gone in a month, rims needed to be replaced in 3 months, have spent way too much on this bike.

The biggest piece I have seen. I spent way more time on this bike than I did on my own, no way to upgrade. It is a no wonder that we have very few kids into our sport, the equipment made for them is garbage. I know bike companies don't make a ton on kids bikes but have they heard of the concept of a "loss leader"? If they can get kids into it, they will buy lots more bikes, all they have to do is look in my garage!! You could not pay me to take another one of these bikes.

Trek

[Feb 28, 2006]
tim

Strength:

Pretty decent component mix for the price! Cool purple for the girl's version!

None.

Unlike "disgruntled "fred" from the first post (who paid a whopping $70.) I think this is a wonderful kid's bike. It bridges the gap from the 20" to the 26".

Have fun!

Trek, jamis kids bikes

[Jan 25, 2006]
fred

Strength:

well, it doesnt have strengths to be honest.

dont even get me started. i might become so full of RAGE i would swear up a storm and not even remember it because my adreniline high would make me forget.

oh my god i this bike. i wish it were a human so i could put it in a dryer full of rusty nails and broken glass. then id beat him to the floor and spit on him. and id take all his clothes off and throw him into a pit of masicist . and all the had bull whips. and knives.

any other huffy. if i could i would put SO MANY negative reviews for huffy bikes. but i swear so much they dont allow them on the site.

[Aug 10, 2006]
Fat Daddy

Strength:

Fairly light compared to other 24" bikes we looked at in department stores. Kids loves the looks of them.

None so far.

Bought 2 of these from our local Dick's, 1 for each child. Really could not justify the extra money to buy a 13" or so 26 inch bike they would outgrow in a few years anyway. Kids can go for nice long rides with us now. They can even make it up some fairly difficult hills. Great bikes to learn shifting and braking skills. The '05 models are now on clearance and can be had for around $185. The '06 we got ran a little more.

Several 12.5-13.5" 26" bikes from Giant, Fisher and Trek. Department store Mongooses and Schwinns

[Jul 14, 2005]
Fred Sled

Strength:

Frame is made well. Parts are decent, fork works well for a kids bike fork, triple chainring, gripshift.

The goofy chainring mounted chainguard broke on the first wipeout. I recommend taking it off and throwing it in the trash before it breaks, rather than after. The sharp edges from the broken plastic are far more dangerous than the chainring by itself.

This is an excellent kid's bike! It's reasonably light, it was inexpensive and it looks cool. I rode it around, it's smooth the geometry feels good, the fork works, the grip shift style shifters work good. For around the same price as what you'd pay for one of those Wallymart or Costco bikes for your kid, you can get this. The frame construction is actually the best part of the bike.

I looked at the specialized version of this bike and it was more expensive, had a goofy flamed paintjob and a single front chainring, which is cool if that's what your after, but I wanted to teach my kid how the front and rear derailluers work and how to climb hills.

Wal-mart Schwinn, which the frame was decent, but all the other parts worked like crap. Well, the kickstand was cool, it's welded to the frame, and has a nice action to it, just like the old Schwinn bikes.

[Mar 11, 2008]
will king
Downhiller

Strength:

good frame and stuff

th pedals wore away after a while(there plastic)handle grips are crap ended up replacing them.brakes need constent ujustment

i would not recomend this bike to a hard core mountain biker, like big drops and stuff. it is good for a little bit of offroad riding