Trek Jack 1 Freeride Hardtail

• Alloy disc hubs
  • Bontrager Camino alloy rims
  • Shimano Acera

cobs   Downhiller [Jun 06, 2011]
Strength:

this bike has very good suspention and it holds up well.

the seat is kinof uncofterble

this bike is a very good bike reccomend it to anyone who likes dirt jumping.

TrekJack13   Weekend Warrior [Jul 24, 2009]
Strength:

This Bike is great, I love the frame, Light tough, and durable.
The Paint is great, and it barely chips.
I like the bars, and the stem is allright too.
Extremely Customizable.

I hate the crank, the left crank arm became stripped so I replaced it with a Shimano XT (which people say slips, however I have no issues with it.)
I also don't like the wheels or forks.
My wheels are warped and I am Getting new ones
The forks, are garbage, and I believe anything from RST is. THe preload is no longer adjustable, and the seals leak. (looking for used DJ3's if you got 'em.)

This bike is great for customizing, however I'd advise you not to rely on the stock parts, cranks are terrible, aswell as the forks. It's light, durable, and it looks sexy. I bought mine used, and plan on keeping it for a very long time. I definitely reccomend it for anyone who has the money to invest.

(Looking for used DJ3's) :)

Similar Products Used: Giant Brass
Barnes123   Downhiller [Aug 11, 2008]
Strength:

Strong frame, wants to be ridden fast, good at cornering

gears get jammed and scrape the frame when muddy, needs to be constantly cleaned

a very good bike which is capable so long as it is looked after.

Similar Products Used: none
bikerprorules123   Downhiller [Jun 13, 2008]
Strength:

great frame, strong bike

need bigger tires and better forks

i have totaled a gary fisher, a ccm from canadein tire, and more bikes until i got this trek it is industrucable can take the jumping and it just fun to ride.

Similar Products Used: first trek i have had
Jorden   [Apr 06, 2006]
Strength:

ok I got this bike 2 months ago...Its fork lasted 2 months and still work fine unlike the bruiser 1 ....The forks are not the best soo if you are takin big jumps you should get Dj's comp or pro.great balance for manualing.mine didn't come with disc but I am going to upgrade them to discs after I get the new fork

Fork but it isn't bad.No discs.Tires seem smaller than other dirt jumpers You should buy Dirt Jam comp or pro (DJs)

Good frame,needs discs,and you should get getter forks if you are taking big jump that you have to flatland.I think you should have the sag a little more than 25%-30& I think 35-40$ unless you are taking big jsumps that will make them bottom out.It manuals very very good better than the bruiser 1. It seems to turn while you wheelie so be careful...only sometimes thou'
Very good bike but it was kinda expesive for what you get but its a very good bike.Get this bike!Unless you are rich and getting a Trek jack 3

toby mallender   Downhiller [Jun 15, 2007]
Strength:

everything its gret:p

nothing evrythings great

it an great bike worth the money if i was u id get it a great allover bike:)