Norco Manik Freeride Hardtail

norcomanikack   Downhiller [Dec 28, 2010]
Strength:

great bike, great brakes, light enough, good tires, solid frame

fork would be better if it was air

this is a great bike, just bought it about a month or so ago, only paid 1250$ cad plus 13% tax on it, i didn't have enough money to get a full suspention but so far this bike is looking golden. i have the 2010 model. i bought the last one norco ever made of this model, but if you can find a used one i recomended it to anyone who is in to not just one style of biking because you can do DJ, light DH, and even some XC.

Similar Products Used: first real good bike for me, had 09 diamondback recoil before
Khaled   Cross Country Rider [Jul 19, 2010]
Strength:

Totally good all around trail ridin bike.

braks are squeky but who cares

Good ass bike if ur into semi hardcore biking, if ur looking into hardcore racing and stuff spend the extra like 500 bucks.

Similar Products Used: devenci, specialized, kona.
kgmtb   Weekend Warrior [May 03, 2010]
Strength:

Strong Heavy Duty Frame
160mm forks= room for error

Its a little heavy but you get used of it besides that none

Indestructable bike at first may seen heavier but you get used of it. You need hydraulic pumps for legs to get this thing uphill but going downhill is a whole different story

Similar Products Used: none
Steve the Dog   Weekend Warrior [Dec 01, 2009]
Strength:

[I'm using 2009 model with marzocchi triple clamps]
Strong Frame, and parts. Holds together like a tank, corners well, good dirt jumper

[I'm using 2009 model with marzocchi triple clamps]
Heavy

Great bike, I thought it needed the Triple stuck on there to give it a bi more travel, great bike, really stong, wouldn't choose a different hard tail

Similar Products Used: Norco Bigfoot
francesco   Downhiller [Oct 03, 2009]
Strength:

stenght frame, very good disc brake,not heavy!,nice style and for finish very nice color!

the whelles are easy to bend!!

and for the one who whant to by that bike you wil make a good choise!

Similar Products Used: norco sasquatsh
chamzy   Weekend Warrior [Aug 06, 2009]
Strength:

Everything is great minus the tires.

Tires, can't wait to switch them.

This bike is solid! As my first decent bike I am 100% satisfied with its performance and its versatility. However, pedaling this bike requires hydraulic pumps for legs; it will take some getting use to. Also, I had to upgrade my bike rack as the Manik didn't fit my old one - might want to keep that in mind. Watch Norco's website for deals (which lead me to purchase this bike).

Geoff Doom   Downhiller [Mar 30, 2009]
Strength:

strong frame build, awesome geometry, suits most travel forks.

little heavy

this bike is BRUTAL! when/if you ride this bike you will feel compelled to jump that much higher/further and go that much faster, not to mention what drops it can handel.
definatly buy one. especia;ly the 2007 model, (best geo)

Similar Products Used: random hardtails over the years ( none this good )
DH Dan   Weekend Warrior [Feb 27, 2009]
Strength:

Solid, strong bike
Light
Forks: 160mm of travel
Great components
Sick design and graphics

Nothing really

A great bike for the semi serious rider or someone (like me) that just loves hard tails. Can be used for anything. For example I commute, DH, XC, FR, DJ and do just about anything I feel like doing in the spare of the moment. It has great components and so I personally think it is great value.

All in all it is great value and a great bike.

Similar Products Used: IronHorse Yakuza Bakuto, Norco Atomik, GT DHI, Norco Bigfoot
LJ   Weekend Warrior [Oct 21, 2008]
Strength:

Very strong frame. I have a large and have built it for skate park/dirt jump. I'm 6'3" with long arms, I don't feel cramped even with the seat lowered. Yes, stand over height isn't great but works for me since I'm a weekend warrior and always will be.

Not a big deal but.... notch the top of the seat tube in front not the back so less debris/finds, work their way in.

I don't think Norco intended this frame to be used as I do but I've been happy with it none the less. In the future I would like to go to a skate park/urban free ride specific single speed. If that happens I will throw a six inch single crown on my Manik and free ride at Whistler etc.

steve695   Weekend Warrior [Jul 01, 2008]
Strength:

I DO NOT OWN ONE BUT WANT TO BUY ONE BUT HAVE A QUESTION I NEED TO KNOW.
If I buy a 2008 Norco Manik in a Size SMALL will my feet rub on the front wheel if I turn with my crank out straight?
ANYONE who owns a 2008 Manik in a SMALL could you please measure the distance between the pedal when flat (with crank straight) and the front tire so that I can compare it on my own bike and see if I will have enough room.
Please let me know via email at stevenjellett@hotmail.com or simply add me to MSN and tell me please. Or send me a PM, either way works for me.
I will be greatful for anyone who does this and it will save me a lot of trouble.

I think it will be a great bike when I own one I will write a proper review when I get one.

PLEASE HELP