Mountain Cycle Rumble S-1 Freeride Hardtail

• ST angle 73°
  • Head tube length 5.4"

[Dec 29, 2006]
Kelly Barnes

Strength:

Tight welds, sick paint, beefyness, full housing setup, replacable dropouts.

NONE

This thing is a Whistler machine!!!! Sick for fast lines, jumps, wall rides, anything urban influenced. Rides amazingly well on tight skinnies because of the wheelbase. Can take a huge beating. Totally sick, has changed my riding since I got it.

Kona Stuff

[Jul 02, 2006]
DAVE WESTFALL

Strength:

Light, no flex, bomb-proof, semi-monocoque frame looks the business. A high-tech answer to the Kona Humu.

Tender paint.

This is the 2004 SS version of the Rumble. This thing is a radical upgrade from my old steel-framed Kona. It is much lighter, and maybe a little stiffer in the bottom-bracket area. The welds are perfect everywhere and give me the goosebumps to look at them. I hate the thought of mummifying the bike in duct tape. The frame geometry was intended for a suspension fork, so when I installed my stubby and rigid Project2 fork, the steering became hyper-kineticaly responsive. This is good - I can think turns on this thing. If you are in the market for a fourth or fifth bike for your stable, then a SS makes perfect sense. Since the Kona Humu has long been extinct, I highly recommend the Rumble S-1 as an alternative.

Kona chrome moly steel SS.

[Jul 17, 2006]
tommy

Strength:

strong welds, lightweight, local, built in chain tensioner,

this frame is sweet. great for dirtjumping and an all around hardtail.

[Jul 01, 2004]
Santiago Garcia III
Downhiller

Strength:

-Monocoque Gussets "makes this bike super burly and strong"
-Machined Chainstay Yokes "you can really feel the stiffness in this rear end and it has some great clearence for fatty tires!"

This bike is F@#$EN awesome I really put it through its paces as an all around bike. I beat it twice a week at the sk8 park, and use it about 3x's a week on DJ's. As an urban bike it has been my all time Fav! The low top tube makes it an ideall bike for tricks (no fotted cans, anything where u would need room in the cockpit!!) I like this frame sooooooooooo much i bought another but the single speed version!
-If your big into DJ's, park riding, Trials, and SICK Urban get this bike will take an As# pounding and leave you secure that it will handle anything you can dish out!!

P3, Santa Cruz Chamelon, Arrow DSS, Cove stiffee