Haro Escape 8.3 Freeride Hardtail

Haro Escape 8.3 Freeride Hardtail

[Jun 29, 2010]
rm6rider
Downhiller

Strength:

cant be broken period. have done chest high drops to flat with no prob. stiff.

heavy. cant fit my new 2.7 nevegals but not many can. creaks somtimes.

get this bike if you ride real techy trails and need somthing that can handle the daily grime and abuse of a daily rider. its great also if you like doing big ol drops all the time. im doing drops that are much bigger than with my old rocky mountain FREERIDE BIKE. basicaly get this bike if you ride techyy free ride and urban and dont care about weight to much cause its a bit heavy

for hardtails not much but have used some diamond back a rocky mountain rm6 and giant reign.

[Jun 13, 2009]
dman86
Downhiller

Strength:

Strong frame. Excellent components that come with the bike. Tuff as nails all around. Got this bike new for real cheap at a store that was going out of business.

Comes with fat tires that barely fit and the front derailleur will rub but easy fix. Stem could be a bit longer, but my preference. A little difficult to ride uphill compared to lighter bikes.

Best hard tail I have owned yet!!! If your looking for a hard tail this is the bike.

Haro Zero-Eight
Several MTBikes

[Jun 07, 2009]
jflo

Strength:

Nice looking durable frame.

Heavy 35+ lbs. Marzocchi dirt jumper II (Leaks), Front derailleur wtf?

Awesome Frame. I use it for street and downhill riding. I have replaced everything except the the frame, seat, rear brake, and rear wheel. People that want a slick frame that will not break should use this frame. The Marzocchi Fork Leaked shortly after the warranty, go figure. People that are really into dirt jumping and street should just use the frame, just strip the components. Good Geometery for bunny hopping.

Small Trek 8000 Frame in the 90s.

[Jan 27, 2009]
thewoodieb
Downhiller

Strength:

FRAME/FORK/BRAKES/WHEELSET/BARS/CRANKSET

PEDALS/SEAT/SEATPOST

I beat the sh*t out of this bike for two days straight this past weekend. 70degree rooted decline no brakes to dirt table top to 9ft air to 26ft long to flat and not a squeak nor crack. I did this 4 times and probably will do it 4 more times this weekend. I bought this bike used from craigslist from a local guy that was using it for XC; I have not idea why. I plan on using this bike for downhill, so I am going to change the fork, the DJ2 is an awesome fork, but I need somemore travel. There are a few things I would recommend replacing: (1.) Pedals; stockers are crap(changed to XPEDO's. (2/3.) Seat/post; I don't know what Haro was thinking, but this seat sucks, it is a road bike seat and because of the geometry of the frame this seat is constantly up your a$$. So plastic doesn't do to well up there. I plan on changing it to a bmx style pivotal seat and post to lower the overall height of the seat which is at about 4inches with the post slammed. The post is rediculously long, which it could be cut, but again it is paired specifically with the SDG seat. All in all this bike will kick your a$$ before you kick it's. Aluminum is usually supposed to flex, right? Throw that mindset out the window with your ball$ because this bike will take both. I am extremely happy with this bike and I plan to ride it until it dies, which with good upkeep should be never(frame has lifetime warranty)!!!

N/A

[May 30, 2008]
ryan kuch

Strength:

Everything is way over sized. Feels like a tank. Built very strong. Huge 2.5 tires just mow over everything. Despite its weight its very easy to ride. Doesn't shutter when its abused, unlike my XC bike. Everything is Black! Makes me feel like special forces.

Huge 2.5 tire rubs a bit in rear on fast corners. Had to adjust my front derailer way out to keep my chain on when in 32f gear and 34r gear. I want to change the gearing a bit and add a 3rd ring.

I wanted a bullit proof set up that I could abuse. This ride is certanly it. I started life in the BMX world so I just loved that a company would commit to building a tough hardtail. It might be to fat for some to be a daily driver. With some small XC tires this ride could take you to work everyday.

Bent my 91'Diamondback frame. Warranty not honored! Switched parts to a 95'Caloi frame. Spent a ton of cash on new parts. Then figured I just wanted a new ride that had disks, 9spd, and huge 2.5 treads.

[May 01, 2008]
Steve

Strength:

Have not had to replace a part yet and Ive been trying to kill it for 4 years...

SDG Seatpost moves a bit under alot of peddleing stress...

Im 250lbs, and can bunny hop it onto a picnic table, ride it down stuff that makes guys of full suspension rigs cringe, and all I do is keep thewheels trued. Its a tank Im even going to ride it in an up coming EXTERRA Triathalon. It does everything!!!

Specalized Pthing...

[Sep 21, 2005]
Billy C.
Downhiller

Strength:

The frame is very solid. I'v taken it off of nearly 9 foot drops stock. Components are great!

Breaks squeek a little, but was expected.

This bike is great for the urban, dj are mild freerider. This bike rocks for the components that you get!

[Feb 10, 2004]
FreeRider
Downhiller

Strength:

super strong frame 20mm thru axel rocks the hayes are awesome the really stop you when you need it marrizocci dirt jumper 2 are sweet havent bottom them out yet. good comfy seat, maxis minion dh 2.50 tries are sweet.it even climbes pretty well for what it is.

this bike is heavy around 36lbs be prepared to work out a little more im you wanna throw it around

this is an awesome bike if your into freeride and you want a hard tail this is the bike for you

[Mar 08, 2006]
skylar mellby
Downhiller

Strength:

beefest bike ever will take anything everything on it is bullit proof

brok bottom bracket 2 because of 12 stair to flat dident hurt bike just squeaked a little. Heavy but because so heavy-duty

great bike lifetime waranty on frame bullit proof

[Dec 18, 2006]
Jake

Strength:

aswome frame really light and durable

get it