Titus Quasi-Moto Freeride Full Suspension

Drop The Bomb. You want to hit it and hit it big? Switch between 4.5" and 6" of rear wheel travel, run up to 3" tires, and still have a triple chainring to get up the hills. All cartridge bearings provide smoother-than-butter performance, with 4 mega-sized bearings at the main pivot for solid, reliable tracking no matter how hard you're hitting what's coming at you.

bear   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2010]
Strength:

Ride characteristics, Durability, build quality

No longer made

I miss my bike. After only 7 years of riding the frame finally gave out. According to bike computer/GPS I've logged over 20k off road miles on this machine. It started out more XC, but went AM/FR pretty quickly, and went even further FR/DH over time. It carried me so well over soo many miles and places.

It was truly a One bike - do it all - and do it all well - depending only upon how you set it up!

Similar Products Used: Titus El Guapo, Pivot Firebird, Intense Uzzi, Intense 6.6, Kona dog-something, Specialized Enduro, some other.
King Swampy   Weekend Warrior [Jan 17, 2006]
Strength:

Quality of welding, Head tube reinforcement, Horst Link, Customer service at Titus

None, well maybe price. But then again, Specialized has a similar bike that retails for $5,700 and it's made in Taiwan!

The Quasi-Moto is an excellent light freeride or all-mountain bicycle w/ 6" of rear travel. The quality of construction and finish of the Quasi-Moto are exceptional. Relatively slack frame angles, high bottom bracket and clean cable routing add to the all mountain appeal. Mine weighs approximately 34 lbs. and pedals decently (better than me) on the climbs. The Quasi was recently replaced by the Super-Moto. I still think I prefer the Quasi based on looks (although that new copper color is sweet). If you can find one used, you won't be disappointed.

Similar Products Used: Various hard tails and dual squishies over the past 20 years. Currently own an '03 Racer-X also.
Ralphie   Weekend Warrior [Jul 24, 2006]
Strength:

Ball burnished finish is toprate

Some lateral flex about the headtube is noted on extreme torque

Ok, I bought this...a 1999 ball burnished Quasimoto in 2003. I paid 700 on Ebay and put my XC stuff from my Zaskar LE on it, upgrading to beefier things as needed. I love this bike. This in my opinion is a true freeride bike. You can do anything with it. I raced XC with it (LOL!) Had it to about 32 lbs. Then went beefier and used all the 6" suspension. Then wanted a 4x4, so changed it to a "street" bike and have done mostly urban for the last two years. Lastly, about 2 months ago I made it into a single speed. Currently, its a bit beefy at 38 lbs (damn tires and liners). Since, I am starting to Huck a bit more, I changed back to 6" rear suspension. I love it, and I love riding a single speed FS with 6" travel woot!