Jamis Diablo 2.0 Freeride Full Suspension

Jamis Diablo 2.0 Freeride Full Suspension

It’s a big world, and this is the bike for riding the biggest parts of it. The all-new Diablo’s seriously oversized aluminum frame is overbuilt from head to toe, with a 1.5” head tube, 83mm bottom bracket, and a 150 x 12mm rear thru-axle swing arm swinging through 175mm a whopping 7 inches of terrain-taming travel.

[Jul 19, 2010]
Norwegiandude

Strength:

Impossible to break!! Drops, travells....

Dont like the colour, red... just red and it stand diablo wit a thin paste.

Does drops well, can climb, takes the rocks and roots extremly goood, Can call it a allrounder, but can moddifi it into a badass DH.

Fitts for persons who would like a bike to dropp! Can do DH but yeah, u know, its more of a freeride, climbes extremly good to the heavy weight.
Buy it ;)

Kona stinky???

[Oct 15, 2009]
vinipooh123
Downhiller

Strength:

i cant break this bike!

nuts, bolts come loose - always have to tighten them. i got sick of it and bought the xstrength locktight and now i dont have that problem. also the stock springs were too soft and it was impossible to track a Xstiff spring kit for the front fork. not that i have it MUCH BETTER!

i have a few strong bikes before which i ended up breaking the frames on. they were a little bit lighter. so i went with this model because of its overbuilt frame and nice set up. so far i didnt have any problems off of drops or trails. next bike i want to get is the new foes..... but that set up is going to run 5-6 grand. so for $1000 new diable 2.0 - this is the best deal i got.

kona stinky, specialized, jamis

[Jul 09, 2008]
mtb-bb

Strength:

Amazing suspension, great component mix and superior handling

Paint scratches easy

It is risky buying a bike online without having the opportunity to test ride it. I was replacing a Kona Stinky that I had been using as my all mountain / free ride bike. My fears were instantly relieved on my first ride! The bike's suspension eats up rocky trails with ease and remains firm enough to ride up hills admirably for a bike with 7 inches of suspension. I rode this bike on a 5 hour excursion group ride in Jim Thorpe PA with lots of climbing - I was not dropped on any of the climbs plus I had 7 inches of near perfect travel to rip up the downhills!!! The components have been flawless. The bottom bracket is a bit low but I have not had any issues or limitations from it. This is a great versatile bike that is a steal for the price. It has far surpassed my Kona in overall performance!

Kona Stinky, Specialized Enduro

[Sep 12, 2007]
Nick G

Strength:

Great geometry, for climbing and railing. Revox shock is super plush and it is not even broken in yet. Plus this frame looks tough and acts it as well. Plenty of travel for all terrains.

None so far.

This is a great bike and the price is unbeatable. I have been riding with a crew that does a lot of Freeriding and DHing and I was trying to keep up with their hucks and drops with my Heckler and it was just not getting it done on certain terrains. I even tried to beef it up with some heavier components but still was too light of a bike for FR/DH. I saw this frame for sale at Jenson at a great price and went for it, mainly because of the shock but also have heard good things about Jamis products. I love this bike. It performs exceptionally at high speeds, soaking up everything and still a decent climber. I reccommend this frame/shock highly.

Nothing real similar as this is my first Freeride/DH bike. My Heckler is an awesome bike, but it's apples and oranges comparing the two.

[Aug 14, 2007]
TJ
Downhiller

Strength:

The best price i have ever seen for a bike like this.
Other than that the bike rides like a dream, its so plush and soaks every little bump up. The manitou revox is such an awesome shock for this bike. Jamis really does make ther bikes top quality.

The cable routing is a little weird but who cares.

This bike is probably the best bike that i have ever ridden. The price is down right rediculous, and the bike itself is a very solid piece of equiptment. The geometry seems to be made by god himself, because it rails like a 10 inch travel 50 lb downhill race bike would. If your looking for a do it all freeride bike but still want a bike capable of flying downhill, this is the bike for you.

Diamondback xts moto, cannondale gemini, chumba racing f5, kona coiler

[Mar 25, 2007]
Joe Naughton
Downhiller

Strength:

Everything, this bike does everything you throw at it. The suspension is amazingly plush and great for people coming into the freeride or downhill scene, NOT for cross country riders. It has really nice geometry and is perfect for what it does.

One which is going uphill, but why would you buy this bike if you want to go uphill?

An absolutely amazing bike. Everything from dirt jumps to skinnies and north shore is made easy with this bike. It excels at everything and always semms to amaze me. If you have the money buy this bike. The are relatively rare unlike kona's and are a real pleasure to ride. THE NICEST BIKE EVER!!!!!!

Specialised Big Hit

[Mar 06, 2007]
Michael Lopez
Downhiller

Strength:

it is plush, rediculously overbuilt, looks sweet... takes the terrain like a 9 inch travel bike when you only have 7 inch's...

Severely underated... quite possibly one of the best kept secrets as far as the new school of extreme freeride/ DH goes.

This bike is good for me, because its almost a perfect breaking point between too much, and too little.. I've road 8 to 10 inch travel beast's that ended up being a little more bike then I could really handle well down certain tracks and trails due to their massive size, weight, and eccesive travel, but every time I went down to 6 or 7 inches of travel, it didn't seem to be enough.. like I was getting ran through, and something on the bike always broke..

I can't give you a true review on the bike that Jamis puts out stalk because I built mine from the ground up, but i spec'd it pretty close, I can tell you it is great! It needs no special freak show suspension design, it eats up everything on the run like a big travel bike, but doesn't drag you down with eccesive travel.. for being as big as it is, it is still a very agile and manuverable frame! I can take mild climbing if you absolutely have to. the frame itself..( around 10 1/2lbs) is eccesively overbuilt; no problems with flex or binding. Burned quite a few dudes on dirtbikes and quads going down on decents here up in the pine valley area of CA on this bike, and I still burn people on ,much lighter, high-end trail bikes! Its halarious! in don't plan on getting anything else for a while..

Basically, if you'd like a bike that seems like it has a bunch of travel, but doesn't, and is still very pedalable, check it out! For as big as it is, its about as manuverable as a lot of these new school 6 inch travel trail bikes that came out for 2007... people look at me funny all the time as I'm passing them.. but hey,.. if you can make it to the top with something like this, the decent to the bottom is all that much better...

Giant DH Team, Foes FXR 2.0, Azonic Gravity,

[Feb 12, 2008]
Fernando Villacorte
Downhiller

Strength:

I purchased the Jamis Diablo small frameset with the Titanium spring Manitou Revox. Frame was very well made with nice clean welds. Then I discovered the following.

When I received the size small frame I noticed the Revox rear piggyback oil reservoir was rubbing on the frame seatpost mast supports. I was told by Jenson it would not effect the performance of the shock. When I completed my bike build I cycled the shock and the it blew a seal on my driveway. When I removed the rear shock from the frame, I had to really pull hard to get it to clear the seatpost mast supports. I returned the rear shock to Jenson and it took Manitou over 6 weeks to warranty a new shock for me. I tried intalling the new Revox and again I could barely get the piggyback to fit between seatpost support masts. I had to File the opening a few milimeters larger on each side for the piggyback to fit without binding when the suspension was cycled. I took a quick hop down my driveway and again the rear shock squirted shock oil. When I removed the rear shock, I noticed the red rebound knob on the shock was hitting a weld seam on the frame directly above the piggyback reservoir. When the suspension was cycled, the rebound know was smashed against the frames weld seam causing the O ring to leak and squirt shock oil. Jenson and Jamis were told about the Defective frame. Jenson USA quickly refunded all of my money and paid for shipping both ways. Excellent Customer service from Jenson USA.

I am sure the Diablo is one awesome frame, but I was unlucky and received a defective frame. I was very happy with Jenson USA and the great customer service. Manitou took way too long (Over 6 weeks) to get me a new rear shock, but life is nothing without experiences.

Intense Uzzi DH, Spcialized Big Hit, TREK Session 77 and Kona Stinky Delux.