Iron Horse Warrior Pro Freeride Full Suspension

-FSA Gamma 2 piece Crankset
-Hayes Mechanical MX-2 XC disc brakes
-Shimano LX rear derailleur

tristan   All Mountain Rider [Jan 19, 2018]
Strength:

its good for big drops and skate park its a all mountain bike sort of meant to do everything. Mine has new parts like upgraded breaks front fork rear shock bars stem rims hubs front gears and i have no problems what so ever on it i have alot of good things to say but i got it for christmas so i havent ridden it on some real terrain so i will let you guys know when i do that it has no weaknesses so far that i have seen and it handles really good very light bike and rides great

nothing so far i just bent a break rotor and thats it

im in loove with it its got great geomatry and good bike love how light it is easy to throw around. and again handles really good i will do another review soon but for now bye

Helluva engineer   Downhiller [Feb 17, 2009]
Strength:

Frame is pretty tough. I've taken some pretty gnarly crashes and the frame was fine. generally good for huckin 5-6 ft drops on the trail. I slammed into a wire fence going about 20, and the only thing that happened was the bearings in the fork broke and the seatpost sheared off.

it's a beast to get up the hill. Mine weighs about 36 lbs! Most, if not all, of the components are crap. fork sucks, broke the rear shock, brakes stopped working and bent the rotors, snapped the seatpost completely off... I've replaced a lot of stuff on this thing.

If you don't really ride very much, it's fine. Otherwise, I would replace a good deal of the components to make it decent. This was my first mtn. bike and I have learned a lot on it and haven't broken it yet, so kudos for that. When I get a real job, I'll upgrade and get a better bike. I would still consider Ironhorse though.

Similar Products Used: Kona Dawg, Jamis Dakar
wastrel   Weekend Warrior [Dec 04, 2008]
Strength:

strong, very strong!

weight, this is not a light bike at all!

I bought this to spend some `quality time` with my teenage son, this is my first `proper` mountain bike so I can`t really compare it to any other `proper` bike, but, I`ll call it as I find it! first off it`s a very different bike to the `ordinary` bikes we all started out on, it`s very comfortable to ride, the gear change is excellent, it`s a real eye opener if, like me, you`re stepping up from an `ordinary` bike because the first time you click a proper shimano gear change and feel that `slick click` is just amazing. the 5" of travel is more than I`ll ever need and the brakes are brilliant for my (beginner) level of riding. and it looks good too! my son rides two grands worth of `specialised` which I`ve ridden just a couple of times, yet even though his bike`s way lighter, I prefer this, it just feels so robust and built to last. by the way, my son reckons his specialised pisses all over this, I disagree!!!

Similar Products Used: various no name hardtails.
thomas   Downhiller [Aug 31, 2008]
Strength:

Good Spec. Good Value. Strong Frame, held up to 6 months of dh and freeride fine.

Frame is a little heavy for only 5in of travel. Fork Sucks, travel adjustment breaks easily, also easily fixed, too soft, way to heavy, and it flexes a ridiculous amount. Rear Shock could be better, but at last its air with rebound adjustment. Stem is way too long. Front rotor is too small, needs a 7 inch. Wheels aren't the worst, but aren't very good. Hayes Sole... Cranks are sooooo heavy. Headset sucks.

This Bike Is a great value and excellent beginner bike. However, honestly, it is way too heavy to be a trail bike, it pedals fairly efficiently for single pivot, but the frame is just too heavy. The combined with the heavy fork and crankset, the thing just weighs too much for what it is. The components are excellent, you wont find that spec on any other bike under $1500, unless its a motobecane, which suck. Its great if your broke and need a bike you can beat the hell out of.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Sugar3, GT I-drive 4 5.0, GT I-drive 5 3.0, Fuji Thrill LT 1.0, Specialized FSR XC, DiamondBack Mission2, Mongoose Teocali Comp, Specialized SX Trail 1, Mongoose Otero Super, GT I-drive 4 4.0, GT I-drive 5 4.0, GT Marathon 3.0, Intense Spider, Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki, Iron Horse Sunday, Iron Horse MK III, Iron Horse Azure.
trumancapote   Downhiller [Jul 20, 2008]
Strength:

jack of all trades, well balanced, jumps well

terible suspension, terrible brakes (the rear brakes inexplicably stopped working), rear suspension bottoms out, cant do anything particularly well

this bike is an ok entrylevel bike for terrible riders. i was only convinced into purchaing it because of the price and colors. if you are looking for your first mtb, buy a good hardtail bike for the same price.

good full suspension bikes do not come for less than $2000.

if i see you on this bike i will spit on you

Similar Products Used: santa cruz nomad, transition bottle rocket
Liam Lowe   [Aug 09, 2007]
Strength:

Climbing ability (for full suspension), plush suspension, sturdy frame, can handle everything I throw at it

Fork needs to be replaced, for such a quality bike it is not very good.
Also, rims (and tires?) aren't very good. When I corner I often roll the tires off the sides of the rims. I was told this could be fixed with wider rims so I'll replace them soon

Perfect bike for the kind of riding I do (a combination of cross-country and freeride). Light enough to haul up the hills , tight enough suspension to pedal (as long as you don't stand up) but beastly enough to hit some nice drops and such. I haven't pushed this thing as hard as I could yet and I've hit 4-5 foot drops on it. I've biked Whiteface on it and it held up fine. I'd love to ride it somewhere even more intense (The Shore!) if I could. A great all-mountain, do anything bike.

Similar Products Used: None
Stevo   Weekend Warrior [Apr 03, 2006]
Strength:

Great bike built like a tank. Color. Great components. Alot of travel, Good price.

This bike does bob alot put all you got to do is add some air, That is the only weakness.

Great bike for the money, Buy a suspension pump to take away the Bobing, And have fun!

Similar Products Used: GT Trek Khs
Alex   Weekend Warrior [Jul 10, 2007]
Strength:

>>>>>>>> VERY STRONG FRAME! nice parts for the price!

deraileur hanger..... rear shock ,fork,wheels, i wish the frame was a little different so a bigger shock could be compatible.

>>> nice bike. easy to j hop on, beast on downhill parts of trails ( With new tires ), just could use some upgrades. Dont buy this bike if u are a person who loves drops this bike can only take drops up to 4 feet,over all its bombproof

Similar Products Used: maverick
Mitch   Cross Country Rider [Mar 19, 2006]
Strength:

Tough as nails, fat 2.4 tires, nice bars, decent brakes

Climbing (wants to wheelie), pedal bob. As soon as you stand up it bobs and the rear tire spins up. Grips are too hard too, but $8 fixes that. Wheels not strong enough. Too heavy. Cassette crappy = crappy shifting.

***REVIEW FOR A WARRIOR DS SE, not the PRO***

My first full suspension bike, I've bashed it pretty darn hard and it takes it all. Wheels aren't the best, I've bent them up pretty good already.

My buddy had an extra 120mm manitou black fork lying around, I bought it cheap and it helped the plushness.

The only real weakness is when you try to climb steep hills. When you transition from sitting to standing the bike starts bobbing and the rear wheel spins up. I'm thinking of upgrading the rear shock to a FOX DHX air (big money) but I think/hope the pro-pedal will keep it from bobbing so bad.

Similar Products Used: hardtails, GT I-Drive XC 2.0
Jon Posadny   Downhiller [Feb 06, 2007]
Strength:

Paid under 1K and all parts are name brand. True all mountain bike, jack of all trades but master of none.

front fork (manitou splice) to squishy and no adjustment. I'm gonna put a Nixon on it in a few weeks. WTB SX 24 wheels bent all to hell after first couple rides.

I bought this bike cause I wanted to get into DH but I didn't want to wait to buy a committed DH bike. I'm glad I bought it cause you can do everything on it. Goes up good but you have to stay seated, comes down great. The front fork sux Id give it 5 stars if it came w/ a better fork for the same price, Or at least close. The WTB SX 24's are to weak for DH and got replaced within the first month. They got bent all to hell and couldn't be straightened out. The X-7 shifters broke the second or third time I crashed but that was my fault, I put X-9's on it and now I'm even happier with it. The Truvativ 110mm stem that came w/ it is too long for FR and will be replaced shortly. I caught the left crank arm on the edge of a brick wall doing 25mph riding urban and bent up the Wellgo peddals that came with it. They were good tho but I got Funn Soljam Vipers and they own. The crank arm got a little tweaked but the BB is still perfect. Handles smallish drop-offs great I'm in ohio and you dont really see drops bigger than 6-8 feet very often so this is a good bike for our little DH scene. The Vanilla R has no bob (pro-pedal) and the rebound adjustment is nice. I'd buy it all over again and recomend it for anyone looking to do a little of everything on the mountain.

Similar Products Used: This is the first bike I've had that wasn't a hardtail.