Devinci Frantik 2 Freeride Full Suspension

• Brake: Avid Juicy 5 203mm rotor hydraulic disc
  • Stem: Daredevil DH 31.8mm
  • Saddle: Daredevil FR

foiler   [Apr 07, 2015]
Strength:

not sure

not sure

Any one know if the 2008 Frantic has threaded bottom bracket

coolbiker123   Downhiller [Jun 07, 2009]
Strength:

very stable bike with lots of options. never have broken a part on it. overall AWESOME bike

fox vanilla performs well but is limited to tuning. A teeny bit heavy

SWEET BIKE

Similar Products Used: banshee scythe kona coiler and stinky
legionnair   Weekend Warrior [Jan 31, 2009]
Strength:

I have riden alot of different frame this one just seems to work very well in almost every environment. You can jump it, DH it, it is a good park bike, I climb with it, and you can huck it.

it is heavy but its a free ride bike what do you expect

I have slowly replaced alot of the parts making it lighter and better for me, I have looked at other bikes some AM, Some DH, and some FR, but I always come back to the frantik because it works so well at alot of disciplines. Sure it is heavy in stock form but you can make it lighter and it will take a beating.

Similar Products Used: kona stinky, banshee scream, norco aline and shore.
wee_dan   Weekend Warrior [Oct 11, 2008]
Strength:

Beautifully built, Canadian frame w/ great geometry, lifetime warranty, amazing suspension & braking systems.

Frame came w/ a Vanilla R which performs well but is limited in its tuning options.

This bike has been an absolute dream to ride. It's performed well as a park bike in Whistler, and as a freeride/all mountain bike in Squamish & the Sunshine Coast. While not the best climber, it certainly outperforms a lot of other bikes in its category and descents beautifully. Is easy to pop into the air, super stable at speed and corners well. I am very satisfied w/ the performance of this bike and recommend it to anyone.

Similar Products Used: '04 Norco Fluid, '07 RM Switch
weedan   Weekend Warrior [Oct 11, 2008]

Similar Products Used: '04 Norco Fluid, '07 RM Switch
jacob holmes   Downhiller [Jun 30, 2008]
Strength:

its soft as hell, the brakes were just amazing, the only problem was that they squelled, but i think that was due to the rain and mud.

only demoed so i found no weaknesses. but i found that it was rather heavy as i have a hardtail downhill with no rear shox.

Great for rocky mountainous regions, wouldn't ride on the road, it would destroy it. its a crazy, amazing bike, its not cheap so make sure you like it before you buy it. I had a great experience on it and i hope will too. its heavy.

Similar Products Used: my friend rode the devinci ollie and he said that it was a little too soft but rode smooth as hell, he said that it was a bike to dream for.
treebasher   Weekend Warrior [Apr 04, 2008]
Strength:

light frame weight, full seat tube, great front-back balance, incredible traction, pedals incredibly well for FR bike, low centre of gravity, slack HT, easily serviced pivots...and lifetime frame warranty

um - it's a very bright yellow. Fox 3.0 comes stock and needs to be replaced to make this a pedal-able.

I haven't had this bike long (~ 8 rides), but I wanted to get a review out for others who are looking at this model. I wanted a FR bike that could pedal too, so I sold my beautiful Norco Park Edition. I liked the Frantic better within minutes - it pedals and handles like it's 10 lbs lighter than it is (right at 40 lb now), and by my second ride I was doing all the jumps and drops that I was doing on my DH bikes, and this bike makes them seem easier - I actually overshot several jumps, and this bike even took the flat landings with ease. I'll puke if I read another review with 'it'll eat whatever you throw at it', but this bike is already my all-time favourite. I'm not sure if the Devinci lifetime warranty is a sales pitch because they know that no one keeps a FR or DH bike for very long, or if they're really so certain that few frames will ever break, but this bike really does everything - including pedalling up the hills that I ride down. Having said all that, this is not a X-country bike - don't buy this bike if you're not going to make use of it on drops and steeps and jumps. The perfect use is true free riding, with some DH and AM thrown in.

Similar Products Used: 04 Trek Fuel, 05 Norco six, 05 GF Kingfisher, 06 Demo 8, 07 Norco Aline PE