Devinci 8-Flat-8 Freeride Full Suspension

Devinci 8-Flat-8 Freeride Full Suspension

[May 15, 2013]
ozzie

Strength:

Absolute TANK... nuff said...

As heavy as a TANK... nuff said

NIZE BIKE! Great intro to DH, but don't expect to get too loose on the trail because of the weight!!!!

[Jun 05, 2011]
AAAustin
Downhiller

Strength:

this is the best bike ever sooooooooooooo plush it feels bottomless the fork is amazing the rear suspension is beast the frame design is sick

derailure

the bottom line is this bike is top of the line...
once you change the derailure and and put a white e-13 bash gaurd grips and seat

none.......... nothing compares.......... exept for the wilson 4

[Aug 11, 2009]
xieper
Downhiller

Strength:

It's still working fine and hasn't broken after 5 years of abuse!

Grub screws holding main pivots in place. It needs something more substantial to maintain a good grip. Plus the 3mm allen key head on the grub screws is much to small to apply the required torque.

Has outlasted ALL of my freinds bikes...
2x 224
2x V10
RMX

The bottom line.. heavy but 'ARD!

Nothing yet, this is my STILL my first DH bike (as it set up more for DH now)

[Aug 15, 2007]
Nathan Sowle

Strength:

Burly Tubes, Strong Lateral Stiffness

The original bike build

When I first got the bike it was very heavy, the fork bottomed out off of everything, and the Metel rear shock was just a heavy coil. After I put the new parts on the bike lightened up dramaticly and rode very dreamy. Its cornering is very precise due to the very stiff tubing, the pivot means for smooth swing arm movement, and it can take alot of punishment. Ive been to Northstar everyday this summer and have had no problems. The bottom Bracket height is very tall but that saved me mulitple times. The 8 inch setting is a little squishy for me, but the 7 inch setting stiffens out the rear shock and makes it good for racing.

Rocky Mountain RMX, Santa Cruz V-10, Intense M3, Commencal Supreme DH, Iron Horse Sunday

[Apr 04, 2006]
Hyde
Downhiller

Strength:

Really tough bike. I've put a lot of abuse on this bike in the last 6 months, and you can barely tell. The fork has saved my behind more than a few times. I love taking it down the mountain.

The chain smacks the rear frame. I needed to put protection on that area so that it wouldn't damage the frame. The bike is a bit of a pain to pedal uphill, due to it weighing 50lbs stock.

This is a follow up from my initial review. This bike has held up really well. I bought a 2005, which has a warranty of a year. I was disappointed to find out that the 2006s are now guaranteed for life. Good for everyone else though. This bike gives you a sense of being able to conquer anything. For me it holds up really well on spectacular launches especially when they end up in spectacular crashes. Don't listen to the sandbagger below.

Yakuza, KHS DH, Stinky

[May 02, 2004]
will Hurt

Strength:

rides smooth and has little or no bob. corners realy well compared to a demo 9 of course it does the demo 9 is meant for going over fast corners

not many devinci did a realy good job this year

pretty sweet bike strong frame grease points make it easy to lube your bearings

kona stinky, norco A-line, team ns, santa cruz

[Sep 13, 2006]
clayton perron
Downhiller

Strength:

strong frame and rims nice fork cant use all the travel on the forks yet

the rear shock sucks the metel rp bottoms out way to easy go off five foot drop and it bottoms out and i am only 130 pounds. Very Very heavy bike you can do some dirt jumps butt not big gaps.

the bike is strong butt is not good for freeride or big hit. Suspense is good for dirt jump butt need less weight can do some tricks butt frame is to big for no foot cane cane nice bike to do no footers and one footers. super nice on down hill caurse super fast and smouth. nice travel. rear shock sucks need to put new one in

[Feb 05, 2005]
Simon Ashby

Update on previous review:
Since I placed the previous review, the bolt holding the two halves of the main pivot together has snapped. On contacting Freeborn I was told that they have had a number of instaces of this happening. Since they already knew about this happening, they were very forthcoming with a replacement pivot (good service). They also told me that Devinci originally used a grade 8 steel bolt in the main pivot, and that the replacement one will be grade 10. According to Freeborn, this is NOT a weekness, but since it broke under fairly normal usage, (I'm not THAT much of a nutter), and has happend to other people, I think I'll have to disagree.

Since this is a small problem and the part was replaced quickly, as long as the new pivot doesn't break I am still more than happy with the bike, its manufacturer and its destributor (since the performance of all three contribute to a satisfactory purchase).

[Jan 13, 2005]
Simon
Downhiller

Strength:

Brilliantly overbuilt. Rear linkage bearings have rediculous load capacities. Looks great. Excellent spec. Easy to clean. Nice feature of being able to lock all the main pivot bolts using grub screws. Perfect workmanship.

I found the rear shock was overdamped, even in the fastest setting.
JrT's are OK, but only for a while. I now have 888r's... much better, now it is a true 8" Flat 8".
Standard Wildgripper tyres and bar grips are DIABOLICAL, especially the tyres. Swaped them for Minions and Odi lockons IMMIDIATELY (after 1 hours ride).
Bolts for ICGS mount on chain device were missing on delivery and are a non standard head size, so I had to drill out the holes on the chain device to fit a standard bolt.

Perfect bike for hucking and downhilling, if a little on the heavy side. But thats the price for strength!
I was going to go for the Ollie, but this only came with the non-adjustable 888rt forks, so I thought I would get the 8-Flat-8 with its JrT's, and upgrade them later (as I have, with the fully adjustable 888R's). Also I prefered the look of the 8 flat 8.

B17(x4 breakable but great), 02 Switch, 03 Switch Ltd, 03 Orange 7+, RMX, Big Hit

[Nov 23, 2004]
jhonny

Strength:

The frame is solid and very plush. It handels like it is 10 pounds lighter and allows you to push your limit, as it inspires great confidence.

You would like to swich the Jr.T to something more tunable, but it gets the job done.

This bike opens new fields. It is very burly and responsive.

yeti as-x, specialized big-hit, giant warp