Cannondale Gemini 900 Freeride Full Suspension

Michael Gotfryd   Weekend Warrior [Sep 12, 2007]
Strength:

Amazing Suspension, can take a real beating. Anything i think of doing the bike hasn't broken. the only damage my bike has god was a broken chain from a late shift on my part. this bike is made to jump off a mountain and can do it with ease.

This bike is better for people who have a medium to heavy frame them self's. the bike is good for someone who is 185lbs. I weight 150 and have to make several modifications to the suspension to fit my weight. The bike is on the heavy side which could be a strength or a weakness

This bike is amazing. Now no bike is invincible but this is pretty dam close. I've gone on 50 mile expert trails when i had know idea what the hell i was doing and the bike wasn't touched. I went off the side of the south rim trail at oak mountain and tumbled 1600 feet to the main road, my bike was scratched but in perfect riding condition.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Fat Possum XLT
alex labrador   [Jul 17, 2007]
Strength:

its the best thing in the whole world

the brakes are too close to the fork

all i have to say it will do its job well

Similar Products Used: NOthing compares to this product
Chip   Weekend Warrior [Sep 22, 2005]
Strength:

Simple, bomb-proof design that should hold up well. Frame is fairly light for a 7" travel rig, extremely versatile.

FOrk was undersprung, stock stem was a little lame, seatpost is crap, rear hub is questionable....

I was riding and XLT and hadjust broken a Tomac Eli. The XLT developed a crack in the rear stay and I decided I needed soemthing a little sturdier. I am no DH'r or big freeride guy, just aggresive trail riding. But, I ride hard and long, and my equipment generally takes a beating.

So, I ran across a deal on a barely used '03 Gemini that I could not pass up ($700). Honeslty, I thought the bike was overkill but figured what the hell; I could alwasy sell it and make money. After riding it for a few months I think I'll just keep it.

Long story short, this bike makes a fine "all mountain bike" if properly set up & has proven itself to be just as capable at freeride and DH. You won't win any hill climbs and I wouldn't use it to race XC, but for big guys or very aggresive trail riders it is a fine bike that can be set up to do whatever you feel like. I would highly reccomend it to the technical trail rider who dabbles in DH & freeride.

Similar Products Used: Jamis XLT, Tomac Eli, Treck Y 50, Kona Coiler, Kona Stinky, Big Hit
Kelsey Spurr   Downhiller [Mar 14, 2006]
Strength:

Light, agile and nimble fast through downhill trails and great at urban assault like flying off 6 foot drops on to flat concrete.

The lower end fork not stiff enough so I put a stiffer spring in for only 60 dollars including installation and has helped a lot . Also the lock out does not work like I would want it to work.

The bike is great and reliable grips corners and fly’s off jumps (even the big ones!!) very well. Lands drops well and handles high speed with confidence.

Similar Products Used: Giant Faith 3,Kona stinky deluxe, Demo 9
dirtdigler   Downhiller [Jan 28, 2007]
Strength:

sweet ride , build strength,sinple single pivot design, 12mm thru rear axl,.agile, cannondale quality

none yet

First few rides I was having difficulty with the set up the BB was a good 50mm higher than my previous bike making me feel top heavy and unbalanced , always feeling like another endo was around the next drop off. I had some advice from LBS one of the guys there races his Gemini , he recomended I drop back to the 150mm travel setting. It dropped the BB hight and made the bike feel 300% better through corners and over drops ,slackening off the head angle making for a much more balanced ride , I would recomend it to all Gemini riders it feels like a totaly different bike
Also I was not happy with the fox vanilla , first trying a foxDHX5.0 then the Marzocchi ROCO which I have now fitted with a 550 Manitou spring , the bike feels sooo good now . I have not lost anything with loosing an inch of travel no bottom outs and now a very stable bike.

Ryan   [Jun 17, 2007]
Strength:

Great bang for your buck. My first full suspension bike with disc brakes. I love it, will take anything I can throw at it. I been racing in some XC races around my parts and it the heaviest bike out there. But its not an XC, But its got the weight of a AM bike, but can ride like FR/DH bike. This thing rocks. I don't know what other people are saying about heavy its a pretty light rig for what it is.

Well I came from riding platforms so clip ins had to go. The brakes are quiet sometimes and then other its like an animal being killed.

This bike is great I love it. If you want to ride hit just about anything and ride anything for that matter this will do it. But I have the bug now so I just can help to equip my rig with upgraded parts. I want Industry 9 enduro wheel set gone tubeless, thompson seatpost and stem, Monkeylite composite dh bars, e-13 drs, fox dhx 5.0 coil, (titanium spring if I really am feeling like spending money) and I guess thats it. Maybe a white seat cuz when I get up by the time I am back down my seat is awfully warm on em'

Similar Products Used: Only real FR/DH bike I have rode.
Nic   Weekend Warrior [Feb 27, 2006]
Strength:

spec
inspires confidence
suspension works well, and tracks great
very tough, but still climbs well

well, the 130mm lock-down on the fork seems to only work sometimes. This hasnt affected the rest of the fork, which has otherwise performed flawlessley. This seems to be a one off incedent, and i dont use the feature much anyway. The rear brake cable is a bit long, but can be cut easily enough.

Great bike to increase your confidence. It takes everything in its stride, and i am now doing a lot bigger, harder stuff than i ever was on my kona coiler. The ride position suits me, it handles beautifully and is easy to chuck about. Climbs well, and for the price i got it (£1350 GBP)the spec was very very good. Even with the fork, it is by far the niceset bike ive had the pleasure of riding. People who love the downs but need to endure a little uphill will love this bike

Similar Products Used: kona coiler(doesnt even come close!), scott nitrous 30, giant faith 3, marin wolf ridge
Simon Ryder-Turner   Cross Country Rider [Oct 13, 2005]
Strength:

The feel is incredible, inspires confidence whether downhilling, freeriding or cross country. Go anywhere, do anything type of bike. Reminds me of a good set of racing skis, it seems to spring from one turn to another and grip the whole way through. Perhaps the most positive bike I have ever been on.

Hmmm, would have to say the rider! Need to get used to the slacker head angle than I am used to and the responsiveness of the steerage.

Without doubt this bike will take me up another level. Only had it for a couple of months and I am already doing stuff that used to scare the bejeesus out of me. As a 44 year old who is still learning the meaning of mortality this is a great bike to regain some youth...watch out grommets!!

Similar Products Used: Norco Six, Trek
Morten Janum   Downhiller [Jun 05, 2007]
Strength:

This bike is GREAT everything about is great:
- light
- two settings for rwt 150-170 mm
- look great
- great welds
- single pivot
- 66.light
- also comes with a great kit(66.ligt...)

- Could be more stiff in the back end but isn't anything you notice if you're not looking for it.
- bottom bracket could be lower.

This bike rock at everything I can bring it to all the freeride spots as well as the downhill spots!
And i can even pedal it on an xc track afterwards or pedal it to the top.

This bike handles extremely well in both rwt settings but if you "drop" it to 6" instead of the full 7" this bike will get quicker responding to the track and tricking.
As well the bb wil get lowered drastically.

I've ridden this bike in france and it is soo much fun on the uphill sections aswell as the fr and dh sections. I can pedal up with the xc people and beat the dh at their own game on the way down again :D

This bike is for everybody dh, fr and even trail riders bearing in mind that it needs to have the right specs!

this bike incourages you to go faster, higer and it'll save your ass if you mess up with its forgiving back end.

I am so happy that my stinky got knicked or else i wouldn't have had the insurance giving me this baby!