Canfield Brothers Can-Dingle Freeride Full Suspension

Canfield Brothers Can-Dingle Freeride Full Suspension

A 7-8” travel Freeride/Downhill frame that use’s “ONE” suspension. Designed with ultra low center of gravity and a stronger tube set than the One, a 1.5” head tube, and a 135x12 Maxle rear axle.

[Dec 09, 2010]
mariosjsk8

Strength:

Gray ano looks amazing. Travel adjustment 7-8, ability to run dual crown, maxle rear, rare and original. Can pedal! Goes up hill no problem.

Can't say. I am a weekend warrior, haven't ridden enough to know what is weak about it.

I wanted a bike that could do it all. It's a very expensive hobby. So having a DH bike, a Freeride bike, and a All Mountain bike sounds stupid to me. One bike that can do it all. This is it. This bike is screaming for 180 up front. The 160 is all I got for now and I ain't rich....it actually is not half bad with the 160. I aint skeered to run 8 in the back and 6 up front. The geo actually doesn't look like it's out of wack...pero I don't know crap about bikes. Pretty light too. Being able to switch from 7-8 is super easy and awesome that it has the option. I am sure if you are reading this thread, you have heard about how well the "one" suspension pedals, it's true. No bob going up hill, amazing linkage. I have the 'stiffer' black bottom linkage so I can't say I have tried any of the 'older' ones. Don't think I would notice a difference anyways.

The review talking about cracking is the only thing I have found online talking about this frame cracking. Who knows what happened there, but you wont find any other info about it cracking anywhere else. I guess the Canfield bros got friends in high places to keep that sh!!t off of the web....but then again, many frames crack, maybe the dude was running an L and weighed 250?? who knows

If you see one for under a 1000, pick it up. Great bike, and if you want one bike that does it all, and like to bomb hills, this is it. Dream come true.

Canfield One, Versus Blitz I

[Jun 10, 2009]
Betsie

Strength:

It rides nice, the geometry seems nice also.

Crackalakin!
I know a light rider who rides nothing that you could not ride on a Dialled Holeshot hardtail with a 100mm fork up front and he has broken his can-crack 3 times now well within a year.
Warranty.... new bits to replace the broken bits (one link has broken twice now) and that is it!

I have been lucky enough to be involved in several bike tests and component tests for PB where bikes get put through the mill a little. The Candiggle I know has only been ridden very lightly compared to what we put bikes through and has not stood up to what you would expect a hard tail to live through for many years.

I have thrashed my Vp for 5 years and it still lives with only a few pro-packs and a lower link replaced (my fault as the axle was to worn for to long).

If you want a big bike for riding anything above red XC then this is not the frame for you.

Nomad, VpFree, 224, Sunday, V10, Empire, Session88 etc.

[Oct 20, 2008]
mrhyde101

Strength:

Stiff, finish, geometry

In reality you need an adjustable seat post to get the most all round performance

This frame rules, stable, flickable, courners lovely and drifts when you want to. I bought it as a do everything bike but its so nice going DH that I've built it up now as a light weight DH race rig.

Great bike

n/a

[May 26, 2008]
Big Mike

Strength:

Nice anodized finish. Comes disassembled, but it took 10 minutes to put together. Everything lined up perfect and functioned with the smoothness of butter running off of a hot biscuit. Should you need to replace bearings down the road, they are common sizes any LBS should stock. Build quality is very nice and totally what you'd expect at this price level.

I haven't really found any worth noting. At first I though the front derailleur angle was a bit odd due to the way the seat tube bends, but it seems to shift fine.

I've used this bike so far for anything from cruising local trail rides to some bomber shuttle runs down rocky, loose gravelly power lines. I've had it about a month. So far the ride quality is just short of magical. It's like half of the travel is not even there until you need it. The way this frame pedals and accellerates is phenomenal, there's very little feedback from the drivetrain. Standing or sitting, 32 or 22 ring, it puts power to the rear wheel like no other bike I've had.

I've ridden a lot of different bikes over the last 15 years

[May 08, 2008]
J
Downhiller

Strength:

Build Quality, Looks, Frame Stiffness, Bump Eating Love, Pedaling Efficiency, Local Boys.

No Major Complaints.
I would prefer the ability to lower the seat at least another 1-2 inches for a little more room. The seatpost can drop 4 inches

This is a 7-8 beauty. I am very happy with how well this bike pedals in both the 34 and 22 tooth chainrings. There is very little pedal feedback while climbing.
This thing corners very well and is very stiff with no noticable flex in the rear.
The Can Diggle smoothed out the rocky sections with ease and soaked up any of the drops I had the sack to do.
This is by far my favorite bike

Yeti ASX, Transition Bottle Rocket, Intense 6.6,