Schwinn straight six Frameset

straight six

yourmanwithabike   Downhiller [Oct 28, 2009]
Strength:

dosen't weigh much carbon fiber take abuse
great for 4x n weekened downhill

all down to fualtly components i bought al in all bike is sound

lovly job no race bike but lovly job

Similar Products Used: ..............
john   Weekend Warrior [Jul 15, 2003]
Strength:

Lawill rear rules. Limited bob with very active suspension. Excellent geometry rides great. Did I mention that YETI DH series bike use the same setup. YETI and Schwinn were together at one point.

Need second set of rims for cross riding. Factory sun rhinos with 2.3's are an overkill except for resort riding.
hard to mount because of seat height and bb clearance. Slow to accelerate.

This bike doesn't suck. Climbs like a mofo with almost no bob. Down hill is unreal. Love the hayes hydrolics.

This big scares the crap out of me. One day I am going to bit it hard. I have to find new trails. The old problems are no match for this ride.

If you find one buy it. They are built with springs not some wimpy air shock that needs to to built every other ride. Stands at 34 lbs coud be sub 30 with another wheel set. If you shave your legs and feel bad about getting pasted on the uphill this bike isn't for you. My girlfriends borrow this bike cause it is so smooth to ride.

Similar Products Used: Jamis Dakar, Yeti ASR, Giant AC1,
Robby Bradbury   Cross Country Rider [Nov 29, 2001]
Strength:

kinda light fer a fullsuckspension,takes hits like my womanz ass.woops,can I say that? Climbs well too!

the wheels that cum with it,cmon! 15's.the schwinn arostar has bigger spokes!I can taco the rear wheel on a two foot drop.ok,ok , maybe a 3 footer.But still,if its a freeride bike with 5+ inches, we need bigger spokes.Also,ghost shifting was hard to dial out.Changed shifters and shifter cables to XTR. NOW MY BIKE ROX!I WANNA HAVE ITS BAYBEEZ
the seatpost and seat need to be beefier ass swell!I know like 4 peeps with this bike and everyone has broken or bent their seatpost.sup wif dat?

I WAS A HARDTAIL FANATIC,UNTILL I SAT ON THIS THING.IF YOUR NOT IN A BIG HURRY AND YOU WANNA KEEP YOUR TEETH LONGER THAN THOSE WHO DONT HAVE A FS BIKE, TRY A STRAIGHT 6 , IF YOU CAN FIND ONE. I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE CONSIDERED ALL THE PEOPLE
WHO LIKE TO RIDE HARD AND DROP OFF STUFF WHEN THEY PUT THE SEATPOST AND WHEELSET ON THIS BIKE.ALSO,IT MAY TAKE A WHILE TO DIAL THIS BADBOY IN , BUTT , WHENCE ITS THERE! GABYE!

Similar Products Used: Is there one?
Jay Anderson   Cross Country Rider [Oct 31, 2002]
Strength:

Light for full suspension. Good climp and even better downhill.

None yet

This frame rules. It's my first full suspension bike. Initailly I had mixed feelings about it becuase I've never ridden a dual suspension bike on trail. Several weeks ago, I test rode the Specialized BigHit, and Santa Cruz Bullit. I like the Straight 6 much better. It's lighter and climb is a mofo.
If you can find one, I recommend it highly. O' yeah, it's also strong and all that structural stuffs.

Similar Products Used: GT Zaskar Team
ochhi   Downhiller [Sep 22, 2001]
Strength:

Rides nice

Snaps, many custom parts

I bought it 2nd hand, took it off a 6'5" drop that I've done many times on a hardtail, and it cracked in 3 places. This was 4 days after I got it. It rides bloody nice, but I can't ride a bike that's in three bits.

Similar Products Used: my norco team dh craps all over this
Crazy Bit$#   Weekend Warrior [Apr 05, 2001]
Strength:

-Mert Lawill rear suspension is best design EVER(no pedal bob,very plush,stiff as a mofo!)
-Can be pedaled uphill as well as down
-Light for DH
-Thru-axle rear

-Some brake jack(which can be fixed)
-Not cheap
-Rockshox pullshock(a Fox would be nicer)

This bike belongs to a friend of mine.We traded bikes for about a week.

I promptly brought this bike to one of the nastiest,most technical trails in my area(I live near Plattekill,so there is plenty of sick riding around,you just have to look).This bike handled EVERYTHING I could throw at it,and said "C'mon you wuss,is that all you've got?"It sucked up 6-footers,logs and babyheads like NOTHING,where my ass would hit dirt on my hardtails!!This bike is invincible!

Plus it pedaled REAL smooth!No noticeable pedal bob or suspension feedback.It handled almost every hill that I can climb with my hardtail--no,it wasn't as fast,but that's okay,because it makes up for it elsewhere.GOING DOWN FEELS LIKE BLASTING ON A MOTOCROSS BIKE--you can lean super-deep into any turn and come out alive!

Stiff,plush,FAST,and friggin' takes corners like it's on rails--you can't find a better freeride/downhill bike.I cried when I had to return it.5 CHILIES!!!

Similar Products Used: Kona Stinky(good,but not as sweet as the 'Six)
Matt Seely   Downhiller [Feb 07, 2000]
Strength:

-pedals better than any other DH bike
-plush suspension
-stiff as hell with through axle in rear
-floating disk brake link(no brake jack)
-reasonably light for DH
-World's best freeride bike(triple chainring option)
-World's best chainguide(specifically built for this frame, I've never ever dropped a chain
-kick ass paint job
-adjustable geometry
-chainguide can fit virtually any size chainring!(I run a 32 tooth chainring w/ a bashring for riding the North Shore in BC.)

-have to use RS pullshock
-travel is too linear so you have to setup stiff to not bottom out
-these bikes are all sold out! not many made!

The bike just plain kicks a$$ for racing and freeriding. If you ride smooth, this bike is the ultimate. If you thrash and bash down the trails going full speed into big rocks, this is not the bike for you. Very fast, nimble, versatile and plush bike! thats the bottom line. Good on all courses, but really excels in the super tight, steep, and insanely technical trails. I'm glad as hell I bought it.