Ralph Cycles Unsprung Frame Frameset

Cycles Unsprung Frame

Ralph Cycles Unsprung Frame

Brett Griggs   Racer [Jun 30, 2001]
Strength:

High quality build and finish work, predictable handling
and forgiving to rider error

Best bikes I've owned thru 15+ years of racing bicycle on and off road. The product was delieved quickly and built up without incident. Since all have ridden well and have been very durable even after a few endo's. Built to my specs and tweaked to riding characteristics I prefer.

Similar Products Used: owner of multiple Ralph Cycle frames road and MTB
Greenos   cross-country rider [Oct 15, 1998]

I really have no idea how good or bad this frame is, but I would like to say I know the juy who makes these things. His name is Ralph and he's pretty cool. I work at a shop and I've built one of these frames up. The bike came out pretty nice, but my boss, the guy who rode it, said the geometries are all wack. It really doesn't handle very well anywhere, but it's a hell of a wheelie machine. Anyways, I can't say anything bad about it because I haven't ridden it.

Paul Rehovsky   racer [Jun 19, 1997]

I picked up an 853 Ralph, and it is amazing. Light, plush, and sweet angles. The head tube is steep, which makes it stick to the tight singletrack, and the steep seat tube makes it go up hill with the best of them. It also has a long wheel base that keeps it stable on the downs. I worked in a bike shop for awhile, and had a chance to ride a lot of bikes, and I think that my mom could kick your ass on this bike.

Brian Smith   cross-country rider [Mar 22, 1997]

This fool took weeks longer than promised to deliver me a frame, and upon receipt, I found it was nearly 2 shorter in top tube length than what I had requested and what he agreed upon. We talked, and he agreed to return my deposit upon receipt of the frame. 9 months, 20 messages on his answering machine, and two conversations later, I'm still waiting. Bad welds and finish to boot. It doesn't take much to build a frame pretty competently, and Raplh does posess this capability, if not exceedingly so, but his business practices are those of a scared kid caught stealing. Lie to escape a confrontation, then run and hide. Send no money.

Jon Severson   cross-country rider [Aug 27, 1996]

Ralph makes kick butt frames. You may have seen his bike in bike magazine a year ago. Small, but personal company. No problems what so ever. Nothing like VW orange (team paint job) either. Climbs well and a tight singletracker as well.

Angela   Cross Country Rider [Jul 06, 2007]

The product was built to specs and delivered in a timely manner. I have been riding over 10+ years, without incident and plan to ride many more.... It gets my butt in shape and what a cute little butt it is. I read some other reviews, ask many questions and you will be happy with your purchase as any purchase you make of any product you buy.