Koga Miyata SkyrunnerCarbolite Frameset

SkyrunnerCarbolite

Koga Miyata SkyrunnerCarbolite

Visser Remko   Cross Country Rider [Oct 27, 2003]
Strength:

Frame: stiffnes after seven years of heavy use, good detailing, nice finish, superb build quality, looks
Forks: Rond WP hydroII, strong, tech look, very good servicing through dutch manufacturer, not working silky smooth compared to modern forks

Original retail price of $2500,- for the total package in 1995 too high. (But I bought it new for $1500 in 1996, mainly because of the frame) Not light. Bike originally equiped with a lot of low priced, low tech and heavy stuff. That has al changed through the years ofcourse. It is a proper mountainbike now with all the right stuff on the right places.

Perfect cross country bike, good climber, superb descender, bombproof, spank it hard and it will do anything for you. Even singletracks, if you like. I might buy myself another mtb next to this one but I will take this bike with me into my coffin, that's for sure.

Give a new meaning to your life, buy a secondhand pre '96 Miyata.

Remko Visser

Similar Products Used: 1992 Cadex CFM3, 1994 Cadex CFM2
OVERALL
Manfred   Cross-Country Rider [May 21, 1999]
Strength:

Bomb proof, no question

Weight
Out of production

This legendary frameset is bullit proof and I can tell, I broke 3 frames allready. But this one stays my pride and joy forever. The weight is high but its your legs that have to make the difference anyway.