Klein Adroit Pro Frameset

Klein Adroit Pro Frameset

Klein Adroit Pro

[Feb 22, 2013]
Mike Gilhooly

Strength:

Handling - This bike is built for Northwest tight singletrack and is the most responsive, sick handling bike I have ridden. I am an expert level racer and the harder this bike is pushed the better it feels.
Oh and the paint rocks !

Handling - With the tight wheelbase and higher bottom bracket, high speed stability suffers a bit. Having lived and raced in Whistler for 6 years, some of the fast steep and loose downhill sections can be a bit hairy. But I will take the surgical precision on the gnarly black diamond singletrack any day !

I have owned 3 high end kleins and loved each of them. The quality and attention to detail is second to none. Like I said, this bike is built for the gnarly stuff here in the Northwest and excels at it with style. I have sorted out the headset/fork issue quite simply. Take your favorite headset and frame to a machine shop and ask them to create a collar that will "friction fit' into the frame that will accept the headset. it only adds a total stack height of 1/2" (1/4" top & bottom) Use red locktite on the frame interface and the problem is solved. $80-100 bucks.

[Sep 08, 2010]
fast eddy

Strength:

build quality night storm paint job.

I used the bike in the 2005 2006 and 2007 bike transalp and
for many more marathons.

bontrager titanium / steel klein attitude pro john tomac raleigh titanium sevysa.

[Jul 19, 2008]
Justin.C.Hughes

Strength:

Awesome level of build quality, paint finish and attention to detail...
Total stiffness and great power transfer, all pedal power transferred into forward motion!
Very responsive and the best handling bike (I have ridden) in the World to date!

Fear of damaging whilst riding her hard...

I love these bikes, they are the best hard tail bike in the World - PERIOD!
If I ever buy another bike, it will be another of these fantastic bicycles!

Klein Quantum Pro x 2, Klein Adroit x 4, Klein Rascal, Klein Pinnacle, Kona Explosif, Cannondale F1000, Balance AL-850, Specialized Stumpjumper, and others too!

[Jun 19, 2003]
Ryan

Strength:

ummmm....light? cool paint i guess

just about everything else. headtube/headset design, paint chips, internal cable routing is cool, useless and hard to route cables.

The bottom line is this bike sucks. I'm sure its great to race with, but putting a new fork on it is nearly impossible. Klein made steerer tubes just for the fork that they put on the bike and you cant get it anymore, so the only way you can switch it out is to get an adapter, WHICH of course is only available by a company in Finland. Its like Klein made this bike to make my life hard, or anyone who owns one for that matter. The internal cable routing looks cool, but thats all its good for. I tried to take it apart and put it back together and its nearly impossible to route the cables yourself. Do yourself a favor and dont buy this bike!

schwinn mesa gsx, Giant XTC

[Oct 05, 2003]
d brown

Strength:

Geometry that makes you fly up hills and down. Explosive accelleration.

The paint is too good. Truly art. Hate it when I hear a rock hitting it, or find a new chip.

The only real problem that I have run into is the changing of the shock, but I found there is really no need. I don't need to see how far I can fall on a bike (10ft? 15?). Just not my style. I just love ripping through single track on this machine. It's a freakn' scalpel on the trail. So light, so responsive. What? I love it so much, why don't I marry it? Well, as a matter of fact I will. Best hardtail made for the money. If you want to get serious get a Klein, preferably pre Trek. Your riding will go places.

Alpine stars, gary fisher, cannonsnail,

[Aug 21, 2000]
Chris

Strength:

Light, responsive

Paint, Customer service

I ended up shelving this frame (went fs) after having paint blister around the bb area, chainstays, seat tube. It started within the warranty period but I brought it to Kleins attention after the 1 year paint warranty expired. My lbs shipped it to them only for them to tell me that they would gladly paint it again for $. -so they could mess up another paint job right? It seems to be oxidizing underneath the finish forcing the paint to blister or bubble. My '91 klein attitude still has beautiful paint and has been through 3 times the abuse. I have seen frames have similar but not as extensive damage from people not cleaning the sweat off. has anybody had experience with getting results from kleins customer service? I tried and from this experience, I will never buy one of their bikes again.

older Klein attitude '91, Kona explosive,

[Apr 18, 2000]
Dave Johnson

Strength:

Paint Job, Stiff where it needs to be, internal cables (a pain to setup but look sweet),faaaaaaaaaaaaast, bragging rights

Internal cables a real pain to setup!

This bike climbs like the space shuttle and corners like an indy car. It rewards a good line and will really bite hard when you pick a bad line. Since buying this bike I am keeping up with guys that used to dust me. I will cry the day the paint gets chipped...anyone that owns a Klein knows what I mean. All in all, this is the best bike I have ever ridden...end of story!

Cannondale F1000/F3000, Specialized Stumpjumper, Trek 9.9

[Feb 27, 2000]
Paul Smith

Strength:

Weight
Holds a tight line
Fits tall people like me

Rear drop outs don't hold wheel very well
Paint chips

Looks nice and flies uphills. Holds its line - rides like a dream. I had a back wheel come out on me - the micro drop-outs are, I think, a bad idea. Frame was a write-off. Klein replaced at £300 (cost new was £1250 with Manitou carbon forks). Found Klein's attitude poor.

Specialised

[Aug 24, 1999]
Matt

Strength:

Sx-Carbon
Shorter Stay
AirHeadSet
Paint Job
Accelerates uphills

Paint Job
Shorter Stays
Price

It Is a Great Bike. It accelerates uphills but it does beat you up on the downhills. The Paint Job looks creat when is was new but chipped way to easily. Talked to my lbs and they said klien will give me a free paint job. I love the sx-carbon and when i want to Mt. Snow Norba Nationals they swapped out the elastermors. From pink to blue. Now it is extremely plush and much better then my old Spyder. I give it five Flammin Chilies for Custerm Sevice beause of the New Paint Job. and 5 chilies for perfermance. Perfection

96 Klein Attitude Xt Package

[May 05, 1999]
Dan

Strength:

light frame weight (2.9 lbs)
Manitou Carbon SX fork (2.8 lbs)
cool paint
handles great
value (bang for the buck)

none yet

The Adroit Pro fuselage deal is a steal. You get a sub-3 pound frame and a sub-3 pound fork. I got mine at local Klein dealer in Columbus, OH for $1200. Considering that the fork alone retails for $650, I thought this was a great deal. I outfitted it with some parts I had on my old bike and added some new ones as well. At first I was guilty about spending the money, but this bike truly made a noticeable improvement in my riding. It handles and corners like a dream and climbs like a billygoat. And the paint job is beautiful.