Giant 2001 Warp DS 1 Frame Frameset

2001 Warp DS 1 Frame

Jon   Weekend Warrior [Jun 13, 2003]
Strength:

Sturdy frame, suspension absorbs a lot of pretty rough terrain, decent components for the price, and the whole package looks cool up on the roof rack (my fiancee and I have matching bikes).

I'm a reformed roadie, so the back end always feels loose and the bike rides like a pogo-stick on the straight stretches. I think a stiffer rear suspension would suit me better. Bike is also fairly heavy.

Probably I'll wear it out our break something important (er, hopefully on the bike and not myself) in the next year or two; by then I'll have saved enough to buy a more expensive suspension bike. But if I only had $500 or so to spend, I'd get another. A terrific introductory bike for learning off-roaders...

Similar Products Used: Raleigh 8000 (?) series, Trek 1000 road bike
daniel   Weekend Warrior [Oct 26, 2001]
Strength:

the shock is really good and it comes with the frame. 4.5 in. of travel is just enough for me

for the price none

giant back up thier frames with a great warrenty so they beleaven thier frames. i believe that this frame is good for everone unless you are a weight weenie. this frame has far out performed my expectation. i might buy another one to make a d.s. bike.

badge santos   Downhiller [Sep 14, 2001]
Strength:

Very nice price for a reliable frame. Nice geometry for free riders, 4.5 inch of travel is just enough for a 130 pounder, preety good flash

u have to tune the rear suspension according to the trail or terain for the frame to become responsive even to minor bumps

Its a nice frame if u want to use it for freerides, if u intend to do hard core downhilling, im not recomending the frame. It produce good flush on the rear susupention if the rear suspention is tuned to your weight and terrain. best of all is its price with its warranty

Similar Products Used: univega DS900, gt lts 1000
mokomoko   Downhiller [May 21, 2002]
Strength:

Pretty stiff, cheap, plush rear travel, twitchy and responsive.

pedalling feels like mash potatoes.....but what do u expect from something cheap?

The frame isnt bad cause its cheap
4.5 inches is OK... for mediocre downhilling
it was the cheapest way to downhill for me
and it works!
I say if any of u could get your hands on this frame,
do not resist. Its a well worth purchase

Similar Products Used: Mongoose DH, Cannondale DH
dan roberts   [May 08, 2004]
Strength:

light, the suspension soaks up just about everything i gave it, this frame is fun to ride. quick handling.

none that i found

this frame is great for urban freeriding or dirt jumps. almost feels like a hardtail the way it's quick and snappy. not sure that it would take hardcore dh riding and it's a little too small for xc riding. i have had my ds-1 setup 4 or 5 different ways and i have no complaints.