Foes LTS Frameset

jeff008   Downhiller [Jan 31, 2009]
Strength:

it has been great so far i have hit some pretty big drops on it. Feels way to light to be so damn strong

the mono construction feels really weak if you dont know anything about hydro formed metals its just to light feeling to be as strong as it is

it just flat out rocks and the rest of these reviews are way old i know but i just had to say that the foes customer service must have gotten 300% better the girl i emailed with knew her stuff and was able to give me specs and areas to check out for fissures and fatigue cracks on the frame and is looking around the warehouse to see if they have any hop up parts laying around.

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz blur
matt   Downhiller [Jan 23, 2007]
Strength:

Very durable. I beat the crap out of this bike racing expert class downhill for alot of years and I bought it used off a 220lb guy who did the same for 2 seasons before me and it has held up. Goes fast as you want.

the screw-in steer tube on the f-1 fork twisted on me and sent me off course and down the side of a mountain. bad design if u ask me. Yea, foes has terrible customer service.Not even a little bit friendly. So you know the product is good. sells itself.

Its an outdated design. I guess the oldest longtravel design there is. But its simplicity makes it durable. Only 1 massive pivot withstands the test of time. My frame is from 1995 and I still take it out and beat on it. Lots of fun and fast.

Similar Products Used: Intense m-1, Tomac 204,
jeff mccarthy   [Jul 22, 2001]
Strength:

never had a bike-be so good! this thing has everything you could want from a dh/freeride set up. stiff mono front end and beefy bad ass dirt bike looking swing arm spinging on a fox RC. there's no turning back on this thing point it thru any gnarliness you find, it'll find a line. i've been riding it down Vail everyday since i got it and the thing begs for more each run. it's shown me things about riding i didn't know were out there (i.e. huge drops and sick steep lines)

after about a week of riding this bike, an acute paranoia will set in...you'll wake up in the middle of the night, sweating, thinking someone is looking at or breathing near your bike...don't worry, it will pass. so will your desire to pedal uphill

buy this frame, throw a triple clamp on it, and burn down the nearest steep insanity you can find...free yourself

Similar Products Used: intense m-1, santa cruz bullit, it'll take any of the big names to the cleaners
ben coker   Downhiller [Apr 07, 2000]
Strength:

everything about this bike is unbelivably perfect this bike is so stiff and strong i use it for all aspects of riding. Its handles great on our cross country and single tracks. The plushness of the bike suspension really dose the fox float justice. it is the best bike i have every ridden and i will own it for years to come.

the only problem with a monocoque frame is that they act as an amplifier for creaks from loose cranks and stuff. but that does not effect the ride at all its just a personel preference.

this bike is good for the hardcore downhiller in everyone, or it is a great bike to have fun with doing every thing fron Trails thor street and cross country riding.

Similar Products Used: giant ds1, cannondale
kevin   downhiller [Jan 08, 1999]

Well the frame i'm reviewing is the '97 LTS. I like the design more than the '99. But anyways this frame rocks!!!!!!! I put the ball bearing kit in the pivotand added a fox vanilla rx shock. All i can say is it's butter. I added on a white brothers ud150 added on my hayes disk brakes and man for the money this seriosly one my all time favorite rides. If you thinking of buying one go for it!!! reasonable price... not cheap by any means but if buy used :) you'll save a fortune and they can not be broken. I have beaten this bike and it still feels like new!!!!!!! way to go foes!

bryan marlow   Downhiller [Dec 07, 2004]
Strength:

lots

few

good bike, too tall of top tube.

Flavio   [Jul 13, 2000]
Strength:

Eye-catching, nice paint colors

Sidewalls of the head tube gusset open a big crack. The cable guides are positioned between the double crow fork and the frame. This way the rubber bumpers hits the cable housing and the cable housing cracked the frame sidewalls.The paint was gone in the first week of mud riding.
Foes Customers Service just doesn’t exist. They treat customer as liers, lay and don’t give attention to you.
How I miss my old Specialized Max Bone FSR that I smashed for three long years and nothing happened with the head tube sidewalls. How can a frame that cost four times higher be fragile like that?

I have a friend that broke four GT Lobo frames and the fifth frame is already coming from GT. He is not GT sponsored and everybody knows that he broke the frames crashing. I broke mine, everyone that see the crack tells me that Foes should give me a new one and people from Foes just don`t want it. Just because Foes is a garage frame bulding they can`t give me a new frame? They can`t admit that it was bad designed? Should I feel shame for Foes?